Monday, February 7, 2011

Have I done any good?

On days like these I often wonder...have I done anything RIGHT? Have I dont any good today?

While thinking these things and feeling sorry for myself, the words to this song came to mind...

Notice how it says so sing CHEERFULLY? When I read that I had a "snap out of it" moment. We'll I haven't yet, but I sure am trying!

Have I don't any Good in the world today,
Have I helped anyone in need?

Have I cheered up the sad?
or made someone feel glad?

If not I have failed indeed.

Has anyone's burdens been lighter today,
because I was willing to share?

Have the sick and the weary been helped on their way?
When they needed my help was I there?

Chorus:
Then wake up and do something more
Than dream of your mansions above

Doing good is a pleasure,
a job beyond measure

A BLESSING of beauty and love.


Now as I reflected on the words to that song again while typing it for you folks to read, I realized AGAIN..snap out of it! The best thing I can do for my attitude right now is to go out and serve someone else. To do something kind for someone other than myself. Don't get me wrong, thats nice too...but the point is to bless someone else and you will feel the good you have done.

Im going to go out and do good...a little later. lol....but I AM! I WILL! Just thought i'd share!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Thank you so much for the reminder. It's easy, for me especially, to play the role of the martyr. So silly. We are truly blessed!