Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Too soon?

This adorable, yet goofy 20 mos old (today) has decided that he wants to go pee pee on the potty. He has shown interest since around Christmas when we were at my parents and they had a little potty in their bathroom for my nephew. The last week we got our little potty out and he has been sitting in it for like a half hour at a time but never did anything other than sit. Well TODAY, he shocked me.

We were sitting on the potty, well HE was and I was on the cold tile floor in front of him. -if I ask him if he needs to go, he grabs his diaper and runs for the bathroom- and I was getting impatient so I thought id speed the process and turn on the water. I told him I would be right back and that he needed to sit there and I was going to go get a snack for him. I ran to the kitchen because I didn't want his nude body following me across the house in case of an accident. I grabbed the fruit snacks, ran back and he was still sitting there. As Im walking back over to sit by him he says " HA HA" and I look in the potty and he went!!! That was 8 pee pee in the pottys ago! He woke up from his nap dry. Coincidence im sure...but still! He has told me once that he had to go by grabbing his diaper and saying potty. Here is the funny thing though. He will NOT pee with me in the room. I have to tell him i'll be right back, leave, give him 15 seconds or so and then come back. Each time he has gone. Ive yet to see him actually go, but he DOES!

Hopefully today is not just a fluke and it continues on to having more dry diapers ahead!
Wish us LUCK!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Wow. That's AMAZING. I just got finished potty training my 3 1/2 year old. CRAZY!

Nyree said...

That is awesome!! Way to go Quinn. My sister in-law potty trains all her kids before they are 2. Don't know how she does it! But with HIM being the one interested... that is just cool!!