Sunday, August 22, 2010
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
These are things I Can't. Stop. Thinking. about...
1. I got my first recruit! I am so excited. Jewels By Park Lane is such a fun job for me! I get paid to party and a good friend of mine is joining. She will do GREAT at it and I can't wait to see her succeed!
2. How can I get more people to book a show? What do I need to bribe? lol I need to find a way to get outside Power Ranch and get bookings that way...
3. I do get stessed by my job, but I love it. LOVE it. I get stressed by being a mom too, but I LOVE that as well. I think everyone gets stressed by their work at times. Doesn't mean I want to quit. That's a different level of stress that I haven't hit.
4. I really need to get my poof ball of a new hair cut thinned! Thank Heavens for Angie! She will be thinning it tomorrow for me!
5. My diabetes are back. They were gone after I had Quinn. They are now back. Full force and I am working hard to get them under control. I have a ton of mixed emotions about it and have been having a hard time accepting the fact that I am 29 and diabetic. I've started my meds again and I can already feel the difference. I've been on them a week and the last 2 days I have been starting to feel more and more like myself again. I've been in a rut lately, and I think it was because of my untreated diabetes. I am taking care of that now, and I am on track! Jeremy has been a really great support to me this past week while dealing with all of my emotions and helping me move on...thanks babe! I love you forever!
6. I REALLY need to put away the two baskets of clean and now WRINKLED clothes away that are sitting next to my bed. I see it, get overwhelmed and then move on to something else. I just need to face it, and do it! Then mop the floor too!
7. We are getting a 2nd car in about a week and a half and I cannot wait! I was a little worried that we couldn't afford it, but I know now that with my paycheck, we will be able to do it and then I will have some FREEDOM. Not that I want to drive the car somewhere everyday, but it sure will be nice knowing I can if I want to!
8. I really need to start taking more pictures. My kids, especially Quinn are growing up and changing way too fast and I need to be better about taking little videos and pictures to remember their sweet faces and personalities at every stage!
9. I went to curriculum night last night and I must admit....I really REALLY like Kasen's teacher this year. I was so sad when I found out that none of his friends were in his class, but he is making new ones and this teacher is MEANT for Kasen. She is very loving and warm and Kasen needs that. So happy with her.
10. I need to go to the post office. Quinn broke a piece of my jewelry and I get to send it back for free and get a new one, woo hoo! Glad tomorrow is Thursday and I have a car tomorrow! :)
Posted by Brittany at 11:20 AM
This is the little Kasen I remember....
Posted by Brittany at 9:43 AM
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
This is what I made today. I have been working little by little, project by project, craft by craft to make our house cuter. I decided the bedroom needed some serious help. So...this is what I did for starters.
I bought some blank canvas' and some fabric to cover them in. Of course since it's me, there was NO sewing involved in any of this. Staple gun and pins. That's it. Oh and a hot glue gun too. Used a hot glue gun and some extra coordinating fabric to make some rosettes.
Posted by Brittany at 9:12 PM
I think its time for a new tennis racket. It isn't 1998 anymore and my hands are proof that my tennis racket IS from 1998! We went and played for a while the other night and the grip was shredding off into my hands. The frame is now cracked. Too bad my birthday isn't til October! lol...
Posted by Brittany at 9:01 PM
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Since my blog is now private, I feel I can vent and not as many people will know im upset! lol...
Well I need to vent about something and its been my life for almost a year now. Its only going to get worse as the heat comes and school gets out. I will be stuck home all day everyday with 2 kids and no car. My kids will be cooped up in the house and won't be able to go out and play because it gets too hot. I won't be able to go to the pool cause we can't get our new pool key because our landlord is behind in HOA fees. The account has been sent to collections so I doubt he is going to pay it if he hasn't by now.
Sure I have friends with cars, but who really wants to ask a friend anytime they need or want to go somewhere if they can hitch a ride with their two kids. Since school will be out, people won't have as much room in their cars now that all their kids will be home now as well. Not many people will have 3 extra seatbelts available. Sure I can walk to the pool. Again though, I have no pool key and probably wont be getting one. That was my only saving grace for this summer. The only thing I was relying on being able to do to get myself and the kids out of the house.
The other thing? I dont feel like I have much sympathy from the hubs. He has no clue what its like to be cooped up everyday and not see the outdoors until its dark out...He could do it for a day or two im sure, but knowing that its only for a day or two. This is my life. I LOVE my life. I love my boys, I love my hubs, I love my home. I DONT love our car situation. I feel trapped. I feel claustrophobic. Its depresses me. I know that if we had the money Jer would buy me a car in a heartbeat. I am grateful for all he does to support our family.
Its hard to not be able to leave during the day. To run to the store for one last ingredient for dinner. To be able to go pick up some meds for a sick friend, to be able to meet the girls for lunch, to be able to run to target for more diapers. Taking Kasen to swim lessons. Wish I could, but I dont have a car everyday to do that. My kid is almost 6 and can't swim. To run Quinn to the Dr for his umpteenth ear infection.... Little things like that. Even if I didn't use the car everyday, just the satisfaction of knowing that its in the garage if I need it, would make a world of a difference. I would feel a lot more free.
The one free day I do have is Thursday. Thats the day I plan everything and run errands and do everything. That is the day I don't relax and don't sit down. The hubby works from home that day and I get the car. I am go go go go go all day long.
Im just having a hard time realizing that school ends this week and I will feel more trapped than ever with 2 kids at home through the WHOLE summer, with no car.
I know it could be worse, I really do. We could have NO car at all. For that I am grateful...that we do have 1 car. But this is my life as I know it. I know there are other people in the same situation as me, but this is me and I am feeling trapped today and I came here to vent. Thanks for listening. Thanks for reading.
Posted by Brittany at 12:56 PM
Monday, May 24, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Mommy According To Kasen: I asked the questions, he answered...
Whats mommys name? Brittany Bruce
Whats Mommys favorite color? pink
Whats my favorite restaurant? I dont know...(I tell him to pick one)...Hungry Howies ($5 pizza)
How old am I? 29
When is my birthday? I forgot!!!! May 20th??
Why do you love me? because you love ME!
Who is my best friend? Autumn and Kassie and Jess, thats enough....
Whats my favorite song? Families Can Be Together Forever
Whats my favorite food? Mashed Potatoes
Favorite Drink? Cherry Limeade
Why do I love you? because, um...we are a family.
What makes mommy happy? Me being nice to you
What do I tell you? I love you
Whats my favorite fast food? Whats the place where they have star chicken nuggets? (Carls Jr.) YEEEEAH!
What am I good at doing? you are good at....feeding Quinn (LOL)
This was a special mothers day for me. I got to celebrate it with two kids, not one! I was about 8 mos pregnant with Quinn last year and sick! In fact I went to the ER the next day due to stomach issues. So this year was so happy! Not being pregnant and not being sick! We celerated by going to dinner and hanging together as a family. Im such a lucky mom. :) Motherhood is one of the most important things that has happened to me in my life. I treasure it, cherish it and hold on to it. I know they won't be young forever!
Posted by Brittany at 3:50 PM
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Posted by Brittany at 12:20 PM
Monday, May 17, 2010
Hi to all of my private blog readers! All through the next 2 days I will be trying to change my blog all around so please be patient with the construction. :) I will be trying to do it during nap times and down times! Step by step! Thanks so much for being my friend and wanting to read my blog!
UPDATES TO FOLLOW!!
Posted by Brittany at 1:36 PM
Tuesday, May 4, 2010
I will be switching to a private blog in about a week. From there I will start updating. I am getting tired of people leaving annoying comments in japanese or whatever langage that is and so I want to be able to have my friends look at my blog, no creepy people!
With that being said.....If you want to be invited to read my blog, please leave a comment with your email address, or if I have your email address, just tell me you want to be invited.
Due to recent stuff going on, please don't assume that I will just know to invite you. If you want to read my blog, let me know! :)
I hope this helps weed out the weird comments!
Posted by Brittany at 3:10 PM
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Posted by Brittany at 6:43 PM
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Kasen decided to try V8 yesterday for the first time. We warned him he probably wouldn't like it. We warned him that it was 100% veggie juice. We warned him it had tomatoes in it. He didn't care. He was very insistant on trying it for some reason.
This was his reaction. I cut the video when he started to throw a fit...lol
Posted by Brittany at 11:50 AM
Monday, January 11, 2010
Posted by Brittany at 8:23 PM
We had the opportunity to go to WA to Jeremys parents house for christmas this year. It was a lot of fun and a good experience. Some family got to meet Quinn for the first time. Kasen LOVED playing with his cousins too. We love our family and wish we could see them more often. We are grateful for those who made it possible for us to be with them this year. Braxton (5), Kasen (5) and Isaac (3)...cousins and wearing matching jammies from gramie and papa
Posted by Brittany at 3:08 PM
Posted by Brittany at 2:38 PM