Monday, May 14, 2007

Mommy Time at Chick Fil A

Our Chick Fil A has Mommy Time on Wed. mornings. Our playgroup makes a point of out going at least once a month. It's from 9-11 so not that many people go. Apparently I am not the only one who likes to hang out in their pj's all morning. So there were only 5 of us who went. They watch your kids for you while you hang out and eat and chat. They have a section in the corner by the indoor playground blocked off for the kids to play in. They have bean bags, books and toys, face painting...(or hand painting) and usually some sort of a craft that they help your child make. It's pretty fun actually. This was my first time going and I plan on going back too. Sunnie, Melissa, Amanda, me, and Karleen.

So, Kasen is pretty independent these days and just ran off when we got there. Like I said it's all blocked off so I was fine with that. He went and got in line all by himself to get his hand painted. They have a big posterboard full of things you can pick from. Both BOY and GIRL things. When they are neutral things you can pick the color too. Kasen came running back to me and PROUDLY said, "look mommy! Look mommy! Pink butterfly!" All the girls around me laughed and to be honest I had to laugh too. I looked at him and his eyes were GLOWING. He was so proud that he did it by himself, picked it out by himself and everything. I said "oh Kasen, wow, how manly, a butterfly, daddy will be so proud!" then everyone started laughing again. His smile QUICKLY turned to a frown and he got embarassed. I felt so bad, I told him we could go get a different painting on his face too. And that made him feel better. I chose this time. A basketball.
As previously stated, it's really hard to get Kasen to smile for pictures.

1 comment:

sarah said...

I am glad that you had a good time. ANd I thought Kasens butterfly was manly. It takes a strong man to have a pink butterfly on his hand!