Sunday, February 1, 2009

Tomorrow

Well tomorrow is the day I have been dreading since I found out I was pregnant. I've been nervous, anxious and worried. I am driving with my mom to UCSD Medical Center in Hillcrest (forever away) to have an echocardiogram done on my sweet baby boy in the womb. Apparently with my diabetes, there is a chance that he can develop heart disease or defects. I had gestational diabetes with Kasen, and this possibility was NEVER mentioned to me. Of course, I had Kaiser and they don't give you anything. This time around I asked if it's different from when you have gestational or Type 2, my OB told me no and that I should have been checked with Kasen as well. Just another blessing/ miracle that Kasen came out ok! This is the type of echo he will be receiving since he is still in the womb.

Transthoracic echocardiogram: This is the standard echocardiogram. It is a painless test similar to X-ray, but without the radiation. The procedure uses the same technology used to evaluate a baby's health before birth. A hand-held device called a transducer is placed on the chest and transmits high frequency sound waves (ultrasound). These sound waves bounce off the heart structures, producing images and sounds that can be used by the doctor to detect heart damage and disease.

I keep telling myself, as does my mom, that everything will be ok. I am trying really hard to have faith and believe that. I know the Lord will take care of my sweet little boy, as He has done so far through this pregnancy. But of course, I am human and still have nerves. I will have Jeremy give me a blessing tonight, and just keep saying prayers that it will all be ok, either way.

I know this baby was given to our family for a reason, and I am not going to look past that. I know I need to be strong, and calm down. I have a precious little blessing in my tummy and I won't take that for granted.

I will post tomorrow night after the test and let everyone know how it goes.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Good Luck!

I hope all is well.

The Three Peas said...

It will definitely be okay...and even if it's not 100% perfect, you'll love that baby just as much. Prayers are with you that you'll be at peace!

Raadgep Fam said...

I will keep you in our prayers! good luck Sweetee!We love you

Pure Images said...

You still gotta update everyone. =)

Glad everything went ok though!