Tuesday, March 3, 2009

No Kasen! Yaay!

Jeremy and I were able to go out to Arizona for a weekend (left on Friday, came back Sunday) to go to my best friends sealing in the Mesa Temple.


We left Friday morning and drove out QUIETLY (minus the loud music we played since Kasen wasn't with us) and got there around 2:30 in the afternoon. But first we had to drive through THESE.......BLAH!

These stupid things FREAK me out. I took the picture blindly. I can't even look at them. They just really scare me. I know, I am lame. Oh well.

Yaay for getting to AZ. We first went to Jeremy's job there in Scottsdale to meet with some people that he works with on a daily basis but has never met since they are in a different location. That was really neat for him to be able to put faces to the names and voices of the people he talks to on the phone everyday.

After that we went and checked into our hotel room, The Marriott in Phoenix. Can I just say again, it was SO nice to be alone. I love Kasen and all, but it was just nice to be alone with my hubby!
Friday night we went out to dinner with some friends. CAFE RIO!!!! OMG! I miss that place so much. How is it that I can finish a whole burrito there if I wanted to and they are the size of a nerf football? I am gross. Once again, OH WELL! We met Our friends Pete and Hiedi there with their kids and then Autumn and Bryant as well! It was nice to see them all and just hang out and talk and laugh as adults. After that we went to the church where Autumn and Bryant were having their luncheon the next day. We, well, I didnt, but put up the tables and chairs and then we went on our own back to the hotel.
The next morning we woke up early and went to the temple for the whole reason we came...the sealing! It was ABSOLUTELY amazing. It cried my eyes out. I held out for quite a while but when I hugged atutumn at the end it was uncontrollable. I couldn't even spill out the words I love you. It was probably (other than our own) one of the best sealings I have ever been to. I am so close to Autumn and we have been through A LOT since 8th grade and I am so grateful I was able to be there.
We drove over to the luncheon afterwards and ate some yummy lunch and met up with some long time friends.

Becky, Autumn, me and Andrea...we all went to high school together.

Me, Becky and Autumn. We have been best friends since high school and it was SO neat being together again. I miss the 3 of us. I miss Becky. We don't talk as much as I'd like to, but when we saw each other it was JUST like we had talked everyday. Not awkward, just fun and comfortable! I know Autumn felt the same way too.


Jer and I at the luncheon.
After the luncheon we went back to the hotel and changed and then went over to Autumns house to play and talk. Poor Jer and Bry, it was just a bunch of little school girls giggling and making jokes. Andrea, Becky Autumn and I were having a blast. Soon after, Becky had to leave and drive back to Tucson. (she drove all by herself, for the first time on the freeway!!!) It was a 2 hour drive and wanted to get home before it got dark. I can't blame her.
The rest of us went out to dinner and played phase 10...


Sunday morning we checked out and went and got some breakfast (yep folks, on SUNDAY morning we went to Dennys) and then we drove home...a LONG, QUIET drive home.
It was an amazing weekend and I am SO glad we got to go. Thanks to my mom for watching Kasen. I know it was hard for her, but I am grateful!! It was nice to have one last getaway before the baby comes.
Kasen was so happy to see us when we got home, he kept coming up to me giving me hugs and telling me "Im so glad youre home mommy! I missed you a lot!" We sure missed the little guy too! We love him to pieces!







































3 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Yaay for you coming to visit me!! It was so fun to see you on such a better occasion! I love you so much and am so thankful for a best friend like you! I'm so glad you were there to share our special day!! :)

Alison B said...

That is great. I just love how you guys are still such great friends. That really is hard to come by

Pure Images said...

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun!