Wednesday, March 11, 2009

On our own....

Before I got pregnant with Quinn, Jeremy and I considered all the options we could to be able to move out of my parents house. We even considered ARIZONA! Hotter than heck there. Anyway...we decided thats what we wanted to do. Didn't consider it too much before we had Jeremy talking to his company about it and so forth. They decided it would be fine as long as it got approved. They have an office in Scottsdale and he works with many of those people on a daily basis over the phone. Well long story short, the idea got shot down by the VP of the company because the company had a no transfer policy, unless there was a good business reason to move. Well there wasn't...we just wanted to move there because of the extreme cheapness of living there. Does that make sense? Anyway...we were both bummed, neither of us even prayed about it or thought much about it after that.

We continued to think of ways to move out and be our own family again. Moving to Utah? San Marcos? Temecula? Someplace cheaper, but we wanted to stay close to my family. I hated the idea of being away from them.

Well about 3 weeks ago, the day before we were leaving for AZ to go to my best friends sealing, Jeremy's boss Norma. Who is LDS as well and really looks out for Jeremy came to him with a solution. She had just posted a job on the website for a Sr Business Analyst in Scottsdale. Exactly what he does now. She told him since there was no business reason for him to transfer, that he would just have to apply and go through the whole application process as if he were starting new. This is a job that would LITERALLY involve doing the same thing, reporting to Norma as normal, working with the same people, everything the same. He just had to apply for it. Having gone through this before Jer and I were both extremely skeptical of it. What makes it different this time than the last time we got turned down? This time we decided to consider it more seriously and pray about it and really get down to the nitty gritty of the pro's and con's.

I was really upset and anxious everytime I thought about moving away. A. because I didn't want to be away from my family B. I didn't want to move away right before the baby we worked so hard for was born, C. I didn't want to take Kasen away from his best friend. I cried day after day. Afraid to pray about it. It was too much emotion to deal with. I am pregnant, I have enough emotion to deal with as it is. Well, a few days after we got back from AZ, I had to work in the temple. I spent a lot of time alone that night in places of the temple that I could pray alone. I prayed and I cried. I kept praying and crying. I didn't have an answer by the time I left that night, but I didn't feel as anxious about it. I didn't freak out everytime I thought about it. I was still scared to death, but not anxious.

A few days later, still praying about it, I received my answer. I cried and cried at the thought. How can I do this? How am I strong enough? How can I move away before Quinn is born, take Kasen away from his cousins and ME be away from my family. The more I prayed, the more relief I felt from my fear. My answer is yes. It is what my family is supposed to do. We are to move to AZ.

Jeremy went along with this process of applying for his same job. Interviewing with his boss, interviewing with HR. Doing what he needed to do. It's been a real waiting game the past couple weeks. I am a very anxious person, and it just gets worse when I am pregnant. I just wanted to know the companys answer. I wanted to know. His boss told him that if we DO get the job, they can probably postpone for about a month. Meaning once he gets the offer, we have a month to move. Well Jeremy got his offer today.

We accepted the job. We are moving to AZ. His first day at his new/old job in Scottsdale is April 13th. We are headed out this weekend to look for a house to live in.

I am SO excited at the idea of being my own family again. Having our own space, and being out of my parents house before this baby is born. Being out of my parents house at all really. We are SO grateful to them for all they have done for us. It was SUCH a blessing living with them and having them get to know us, especially quiet Jeremy and loud Kasen, better. My parents have formed such an incredible bond with Kasen, they are like his 2nd parents. I am very overwhelmed and stressed about this move, but trying to take it day by day so I don't throw myself into pre-term labor or anything. My mom and I have had many "discussions" about me going and its certainly going to be hard. I just keep reminding myself of that undeniable feeling I get when I pray about going. I know this is best for our family. I know this is what the Lord wants for us. I know that we will be missed, and we will miss everyone even more. I will miss my family, Kasen will miss his family and I know that even Jeremy will miss my family. ;) We have friends here that we will miss terribly but they have PROMISED to come see us. I am still going to hold them to that.

We knows it's right. I am EXTREMELY sad, but so happy at the same time. I know that it will take time to adjust, and I accept that. I know I will be sad for a while, but I do have a few friends in AZ that will keep me company when I need it the most.

Thank you to all who knew, and totally supported me EITHER way. It's been such a great help.

I am hoping to have a baby shower/going away party before I leave so I can see everyone one last time. I will let you all know when that is.

I will keep you guys posted on the house hunt and the official date we are leaving. We aren't sure of that yet since it depends on the house. But I will let you know how it all goes.

Thanks for your love and support. This is hard, but I know that with the Lord, my friends and my family WE can do this!

18 comments:

Kendyl said...

Congrats! It will be hard initially to move but you'll do just fine. It will be so good (and healthy) for you and Jeremy to be on your own again. You can do it! It will be GREAT! Don't stress too much, just take it day by day. Arizona is not super far away, less than a days drive for most. Now, if you were moving to Washington DC or something that would be HARD. I'm happy for you and Jeremy, sounds like a blessing to me. It was meant to be, so it happened. Good luck! Let me know the shower/goodbye party is, I'd love to come.

Mrs.EBG said...

K, so even though I've known about this since the beginning I am even more excited reading your blog!!! I know that it will be a hard move for you and your family but I promise I'll be here to support you and make sure we have tons of fun!! :) YAAAY for moving to Arizona!!!

Ashley said...

You know where to find me!!!!

Nyree said...

So happy for you to be on your own. As nice as it is to have family open their homes-I know how hard it is to share every part of your life and family. You have done such a good job and been so patient that I feel so ungrateful for living with family for only a year! You deserve this so much! Like every change it will be hard but once Quinn comes (& with Kasen) you'll have enough happiness to make the cloudy days bright! Good Luck. love ya

Chris Stewart said...

OMGosh! AZ?!? I'm so excited for you and your family!! Even though I'm totally sad that you're leaving, it's great news for you and I know you'll be sooo happy once you get there, and settle in! I hope the move goes as smooth as it can and if you need help packing, I'm a very experinced!! ;)

The Mathews Family said...

Wow-- that's big news Brit!! Congratulations. I know that you guys will love it there. There are lots of great people in AZ. We loved the four years we spent there- although we never even got close to used to the heat. THAT is a bit of a challenge, but yeah. We will miss you guys :( James just asked me a couple of days ago if I thought you guys would want to hang out again sometime. Do you think you have time in all the hustle and bustle of moving?

Are we still scrapbooking next weekend?

Anyway, Good luck and for sure let me know when your party is so I can come :) BTW- Love the name Quinn :)

dancingmelissa said...

Wow! What a step! That's great. That's about how far away we are from our family. It makes me think though. It is nice having your own family space and doing your own thing. It'll be hard to be away from your family but it'll be so good to be on your own. Congrats!

dancingmelissa said...

PS One of my best friends lives in AZ. I forgot what city.

Edeninc said...

Dude!! I'm so excited for you! This is going to be a great move for your family. It is wonderful living in a new place with all the new people to meet and adventures to have. When you drive back to Cali, everyone will see your license plates and call you a Zoner!! LOL!! And don't worry, it's a "dry heat"!

Edeninc said...

Oh, and if you did move to D.C. like Kendyl said, then you would be closer to me. That could work too!

EmaLee said...

Congrats! Wow, I am going to really miss you! Our friendship is still brand new and hasn't even gotten that much of a chance to go anywhere. :) We should take advantage of this time before you leave to hang out more! :)

Unknown said...

it will be sad to see you go- but i know this will be a great move for your family! whats even better is that, because of the spirit, you know that it is the right thing to do! im so excited for you! you have to let me know when you are having a shower- and ill make sure i come! besides- youve never met my little ethan! :)

Gavin and Shawna said...

good luck. my sister lives there and loves it there. she is a realtor and would love to help if you need any. its amazing how when you least expect change, hf hands you a change that will be best for you guys and a blessing you cannot see yet.

SeeCampbell said...

I got the news from Mom today. I think this move will be terrific for your family. Of course you will be missed by all! I've been to a ward in Gilbert where a friend used to live and I could not get over how comfortable I felt there. I know you will make friends quickly!

sarah said...

wow, I cant believe you are leaving. I am so happy for you. I can't believe you didn't tell me. YOu guys will do great. I just know it. let me know if you want me to help with the shower, I would love to.

Claudia said...

Wow! Quite a change. I'm excited for you guys! And for you and Autumn! :) I lived in Gilbert for 8 months and loved it! I'm sure you'll find a great home with a wonderful ward. There are also lots of cool things to do there with your kids! Fun! :)

Melanie said...

Good Luck. You are stronger than you think. You'll do great. And to have your own place.........how nice will that be for you!

Good Luck!

Jill said...

Brittany,
I saw on Facebook a while back that you were moving, but hadn't commented yet! I know the adjustment is probably hard at first. I've noticed more than once that it takes about a month or 6 weeks to start feeling more comfortable in a new ward and everything. I've experienced that more than once, thinking the people in the new ward weren't as friendly or fun as the last ward, but then suddenly I realize one day that I like it just as well. It just took time. I am really proud of you guys and happy you're living somewhere on your own. You'll grow so much! Change is hard but makes us stretch, and that's a good thing. So, now that you're there, how are things going?