Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Month Checkup

Quinn had his 2 month check up yesterday afternoon. I can't believe my little Quinners is 2 mos old already! He just seems so little and young to me still, but when I tell people he is 2 mos old it just seems TOO old. I don't like that. Call me crazy, I know he is still a baby, but all you mothers understand...he is growing too fast!

Here are his stats:
Head: 15 3/4 (50%)
Weight: 11lbs (30%)
Height: 23 3/4 (75%) but this isn't too accurate because the lady couldn't get his leg to stretch straight

The Dr said he was the length of a 5 month old which goes to show his measurement above really isn't accurate at all. He couldn't emphasize enough how big he was. So looks like we have another tall one on our hands. Just like his brother.

He is turning out to be such a good baby. The colic is fading. It's not every night like it used to be. I think he also gets overstimulated very easily so we have to be careful there isn't TOO much going on around him.

My favorite time with him...well I have 2 right now. First...when I nurse him, he has just started to look up at me and gaze into my eyes. It's like he is connecting with me. He has done that before, just looked at me. Now though, he just stares, doesn't look away for a good minute or so while I just talk to him. I love it. It's special time. Second...right after he is done eating. He is SO happy. He just smiles and smiles and coos and talks. For a good half hour. (during the day) and its so much fun. I play with his legs and shake his legs and bend em and its like he knows I am playing with him. He just smiles and smiles when I do it.

He has started to suck his thumb. Now that he has more control over his arms, sometimes he will spit his pacifier out and replace it with his thumb. He is turning out like his mommy! :)

He is starting to soothe himself to sleep during the day. We put him in his bassinet, put his pacifier in, cover him up and turn on the vibrating motion and sometimes he goes right to sleep. Sometimes he just talks and squeals for a little bit. Don't get me wrong, sometimes all he wants is to be held as well. He is getting there though.

Night sleep? It's pretty good. He wakes up 2 times still. Im not complaining though cause he still goes right back to sleep after he eats.

Kasen still continues to be a good big brother. He is SO incredibly helpful. He loves to talk to him and make him smile. It just makes Kasen's day when Quinn will smile at him. It's cute.

He really is a good, happy baby. He just makes me smile looking at him. Im so happy. He is such a blessing and we are grateful for him in our lives and family.





No comments: