Saturday, August 22, 2009

Secrets

Yesterday I learned that my best friend has been keeping a HUGE secret from me. She finally decided to talk about it about 2 weeks ago, but really showed me the secret yesterday. There is a little ranch market in Mesa that she has been ranting and raving about. It's so cheap, its so good, you have to try it....blah blah. She kept telling me next time she went she would take me. Finally I MADE her take me yesterday. Pulled teeth and bent arms to make her take me. ;)

Let me tell you. I will NEVER buy fruit or veggies from a store again unless I need it quick. Even then I will have a hard time buying it.

As we walked through the market I felt as though I were in heaven. Picking out fruit and veggies has never been so fun. I loaded up, big time. The bottom of my stroller was stocked, the top was even full. I even used a little of Autumn's cart. I knew I was in trouble when I got up to the register and felt like the unloading of all I got was endless. "oh no, Im in trouble. Jeremy is going to kill me." I tried justfying everything I got in my head and just COULDN'T put anything back. The final item was scanned and here it came...the total. The thing I dreaded most.
To my delight, it was not even close to what I thought it would be! I got all these lovely veggies and fruit for ONLY...you ready?


(red potatoes, bananas, green grapes, strawberries, potatoes, pears, cantalope, apples, onions, celery, red bell peppers, green bell peppers, mushrooms, cucumbers, garlic, tomatoes, nectarines, carrots, head of lettuce, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce)
ONLY...... $24.93!
I heart the Ranch Market.
Thank you Autumn for sharing your secret with me. It was WELL worth the wait! I won't tell a soul. Promise!

2 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Isn't that place awesome?! I'm glad I can share my secrets with you, friend!! :) We'll have to make this part of our date day every other week!

Alison B said...

wow!! looks cool. I'm jealous!