Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Best Finger


Starting at a very early age, Quinn is already a thumb sucker. He started a few weeks ago and will even sometimes spit out his paci so he can replace it with his thumb. Although I think its adorable to see a baby suck his thumb, I am trying to enforce the paci. It's a lot easier to take away then his thumb will be down the road. I don't want him to turn out like his mommy and suck his thumb til he is 12. Yep, that's right, had braces for 4 years because of it!

How can I resist right now though? Look how cute he is!



Once again, you will have to scroll all the way down to the bottom and turn the music player off to hear Quinn.

3 comments:

kouklaville said...

ad-doreable friend!!! How funny, you are trying to make Quinn NOT be a thumb sucker and I WISH Mikas TO BE one! I just think it is sooo cute, he does suck his hand, and Madeline never did that! SO, there is hope:)
It is soo good to see your updates, I miss you friend!
I am gonna take a trip to Az in a month or so and TOTALLY will not take NO for an answer to come and see you and your new place:)
much love and a warm hug,
Anthea

Alison B said...

Tori and Abby both sucked their thumbs, and we were determined to NOT let drew suck his thumb. So, he has loved his binkie. Well, at around 3-4 months old when he could not keep that binkie in, i was wishing so badly he would suck his thumb so he could sleep better (and me too!!) I tried to make him do it, actually. I was crazy. I am glad now he has a binkie. :)

A baby sucking his thumb truly is adorable. He looks so cute. I love it, too.

Sarah said...

So cute! My Curly was a huge thumb sucker at a very young age, and I was against it from the start for the same reasons you are! (I had brace for almost three years because of thumb sucking)
But he grew out of it once he got to be around 5-6 months. So hopefully Quinn will do the same!