Friday, September 4, 2009

Bug Bites

Well Quinn slept with me the other night and when I woke up with him in the middle of the night I saw 2 red bumps on his arm. I just thought he had gotten bit by something and felt bad for him. Well when he woke up yesterday morning....he had LOTS of bug bites. Upon closer inspection, I realized they were all over his arm, both arms. And one on his cheek.

It's progressively gotten worse and is now ALL over his body.

Thankfully I had a Dr appt yesterday morning anyway for him to get his ear re-checked from his infection. Turns out Quinn is allergic to the antibiotics he was on. He had been on them for 7 days. Took them when he was 2 weeks old as well for an ear infection and didnt react then. It took him 7 days to react this time. The Dr said some people can be on meds for 30-40 years and all of a sudden develop an allergy. So...I guess no more Amoxicillin for Quinners.

These were taken last night, and its way worse this morning. They had to put him on a new antibiotic because the amoxicillin wasn't working and the infection wasn't gone, so lets hope he is ok with this new one.

Maybe I won't be going to girls night out tonight afterall. :(











6 comments:

Jess Burnside said...

Poor little bugger.

Kristin said...

that happens to me too. i'll be on my last day on antibiotics and then break out in hives! poor guy. he's probably allergic to a lot of antibiotics. hope this new stuff gets him better!

Melanie said...

Ugh...I have an allergy to penecillins as well. It totally understand. Poor little dude. He has no idea why he is so itchy either. :(

Mrs.EBG said...

For having a rash he was soooo good today! Seriously, he's such a cutie and such a good baby! And I can tell already he loves me, just not as much as Kasen does! ;)

Pure Images said...

Poor baby! Hopefully he isn't cranky or itchy or anything! Hope he feels better soon!

Claudia said...

Oh my goodness! Poor baby! He's a tough little guy. :)