Thursday, July 5, 2007

Del Mar Fair

I haven't been to the Del Mar Fair since like 8th grade. This year I went TWICE. We went the first time with two other couples MINUS the kids. Which was really nice to have a break. But once I got there and saw all the cool stuff, I felt totally guilty for leaving Kasen at home. I knew he would have had so much fun. Don't get me wrong, I still had fun without him. We all decided to go back a few days later and bring the kids this time.


Kasen and Daddy watching the monster trucks give rides. We actually went back later and watched a little bit of the show. Kasen freaked out everytime one of them would rev their engines. He couldn't see the trucks, only hear them. I calmed him down and explained to him what the noises were and so we went into the stadium, me constantly reminding him that it was going to be loud, but it was ok...they were jus trucks. As soon as the trucks started racing again, Kasen was ok with the loud noises because he knew they were just trucks. He enjoyed watching them race and do jumps. He clapped when it was over!



Kasens first pony ride. Being the paranoid mom that I am, my stomach was in KNOTS for Kasen. I wasn't sure how he was going to handle riding on a live animal, but he loved it. He thought it was "really cool"



Kasen enjoyed feeding the goats and sheep. He got a little nervous when like 3 or 4 of them started to circle and sniff his clothes and try to eat his hand. :)


This was Kasen and Lucs first rollercoaster. They love hanging out together so it was only appropriate that they share their first rollercoaster ride together too. They didn't even hesitate to jump up and climb in. I was quite surprised. Kasen is really coming out of his shell.


I took several pictures of Kasen on the rollercoaster. He was smiling and laughing in EVERY single picture. It was so neat to see him have so much fun. SO neat, that it made me cry. Lame, I know. But the joys of motherhood. I know how my mom feels now. It overwhelmed me with joy to see my son SOOOO happy. I loved it. Yes, once again, I cried when my son rode a rollercoaster.



This one is for you Lyle. (Grandpa Bruce)....yeah yeah I know they are marines...but I thought you would still appreciate the picture.


David and Luc...Jeremy and Kasen.
Walking anxiously to the next ride!


This was probably Kasens favorite ride. If you can call it that. He loved it so much he went on it twice. He loves slides and this was just the extreme of all slides ever to him. He was all smiles the whole way down! Just like his daddy. So cute.

1 comment:

sarah said...

You got some good pictures too. I will give you all the ones that I have of the boys. That was so much fun. We should definately do it again next year. That is if we are still around. :)