Friday, July 27, 2007

So You Think You Can Dance

Last season of "So you think you can dance" Crystal and I both applied for tickets to go see the show which tapes in LA. We didn't ever hear back from them until a few weeks ago. I got 4 tickets and Crystal got 2.

We left around 11 am. Got there around 1pm. Stood outside until about 4pm. Got inside and stoof until about 7pm. My legs, specifically my knees felt like they were going to snap in half from standing so long. They do have seats in the audience but they are mainly for handicapped people, friends and family of the dancers, and the choreographers. So we stood along side of the stage.

It was really fun to go see the dancers and to cheer for all of our favorites. The only annoying part was Cat Deeley getting her make up done every 5 minutes out on stage, each judges 5 minute long comments and having to cheer in scream on demand in about 6 different stage colors ranging from aqua to mulberry. So lame! Oh yeah and at the end of the show they made us cheer while they zoomed in on EACH persons sign that they brought so they could use the clips of the signs during the dancers dance. Very staged. But it was still fun!!

This is outside of The Cheesecake Factory in LA at "THE GROVE" which is an upscale mall by the studios. While we were standing in line waiting for our table at the restaraunt I was thinking to myself...."wouldn't it be cool if I saw someone famous walk by?" not more than 5 minutes later I saw Matthew Perry walk by with a couple friends. It was so cool to see a famous person! LoL...I was star struck!

My mom and her friend Kristi went. Me and my friend Gaylynn went. Crystal and Zac went. I think Gaylynn was in the bathroom while we took these pictures.






3 comments:

Pure Images said...

I had a lot of fun at the taping. Someday we will get discovered... but I guess it wasn't that day, huh? =) I look forward to another taping with you.

Ashley said...

I soooo hate reality TV but my cousin would be so stinking jealous if she knew you were there!

Jessica Kettle said...

you suck. I am so obsessed with that show! You have NO idea. It's rediculous. I really could just die right no I am so jealous. I am looking forward to tomorrow- I haven't seen the show in three weeks because we just barely got our t.v. hooked up! We will have to talk SYTYCD frome now on. No one else shares my love!