Thursday, October 25, 2007

My backyard friend.....Pablo

Last night Crystal and I decided to carve pumpkins. Here was the problem...I had a short skinny pumpkin. How am I supposed to carve something fancy schmancey in a small pupmkin? Well, I didn't. I tried to carve Dora, and she started out great, but as I tried to add the face, all her features were crowding fast. So, in the end, she was evil Dora. She is now in the trash can.

This morning I went and bought a new TALL pumpkin and tried again. I had decided that since Crystal had done Dora as well last night, that I would try someone new today.

This is Kasen and I prepping the pumpkin for surgery.

BEFORE.....<
He wasn't quite sure what to think of the gooey mess in the pumpkin. He's a very clean kid.

Me showing Kasen it was ok to have messy hands, mommy did too!

The bowl of mess...

AFTER...Pablo from Backyardigans


I'm giving myself a pat on the back for this one. Even though it's not perfect, let me PROMISE you that it's a million times better than the EVIL Dora one last night!

4 comments:

Kendyl said...

Please tell me you and Crystal both had templates you followed. If not then you guys are total artists! I've already asked Crystal to come carve my pumpkin, but you can come and do Jeff's. He wouldn't mind!!

Pure Images said...

Yay for us!! Whoo hoo! We are such pros, we need to start charging for this!

Ashley said...

aw man, I want to see evil dora!

sarah said...

THose are cool. Maybe now I will get some pumpkins and carve them. Good job