Saturday, November 22, 2008

Kasen's Birthday!

In the past couple years we have started a few traditions with Kasen for his birthday.

1. He gets to go to sleep in our bed the night before and fall asleep watching a movie


2. While he is sleeping in our bed, we wrap his presents and display them for when he wakes up






3. We decorate his room with streamers and a ton of balloons



4. Take one last picture of him at his current age before he wakes up another year older

5. We carry him into his room in the dark so that he can wake up to his decorated room

6. Take pictures of him playing in his room!

This year backfired a little bit, but not too bad. We put him in our room and decorated and did all we had to do. When we went to carry him into his room, he woke up a little bit, saw the streamers and the conversation went like this:

Kasen: Who put those up there? (referring to the streamers he saw)
Jeremy: What?
Brittany: What are you talking about Kase?
Kasen: Who put those up there? (whispering)
Brittany: I don't know what you are talking about, there is nothing up there, go back to sleep.

WHOOPS!

Well I lied for his benefit and I don't think he remembered the next morning either, so it worked out. We are going to have to figure out a different way to do this tradition next year. Just put a new twist on it or something because he is getting too big to carry and he doesn't sleep through the transfer from our bed to his bed like he used to.

He woke up to....well let me correct that, WE woke up to the sound of balloons flying at us in bed. I grabbed my camera and ran in to take a few pictures of him playing in his room. He loved it. He played in there for about another hour while I went back to sleep!


We made him wait until Daddy got home from work to open all his presents. Which he was totally fine with and I was glad. So my parents and Jeremy and I watched as Kasen opened all his presents. Here are a couple of his favorites:

From mommy and daddy



From mommy and daddy


From Grandma and Grandpa



From Gramie and Papa




After that, my parents left for their date, and Jeremy and I took Kasen to his choice of restaurant for dinner. Where did he choose? Of all the places he could pick??? Where you ask??
You're kidding me? That's where you want to go? Hometown is like the equivalent of Golden Corral or Chuck O Rama, something like that. Oh well, it was his choice so we went. He loved it.

Afterwards, we went to CEC (Chuck E Cheese) and got some tokens and played for about an hour. We all actually played. Jeremy and I took turns following Kasen and then the other would go off and play, we all had fun that time.

We came home and put him to bed and started making food and dips for his birthday party the next day.
Side note:
Happy Birthday my sweet love! I am SO incredibly blessed to have you in my life. You have changed me in so many ways, and I am forever grateful to you for that. You have made my life a joy. The fact that you are even here today is such a miracle. YOU are MY miracle. I can't imagine my life without you and I am so thankful that I don't have to! You mean the world to me. Thank you for loving me no matter what, unconditionally, and through it all. You are such a smart boy and such an old soul. You understand more than I think anyone gives you credit for. You are so sweet, compassionate and loving. So forgiving, humble and caring. Thank you for coming to me little boy! I love you dearly! Happy 4th Birthday Cheebs!
Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

Kendyl said...

What fun traditions! That's exactly what he'll remember! Happy Birthday, Kasen!

Pure Images said...

He is so cute! I love his head under the pillows!