Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Special Visit for a Special Party

We woke up the day after Kasen's birthday with a big day ahead of us. We got ready and left to go pick Jeremy's parents and brother up at the airport. Kasen was so excited to see Gramie and Papa, and Uncle Cam. It had almost been a year. Way too long, but what can ya do when we live two states apart? We are just grateful to see them when we can! We went to breakfast that morning at Cocos. Quite tasty.


When we got home, we all finished getting ready for the party! Jerralyn was my camera girl, Jeremy, Lyle and Cameron all helped decorate the living room. My mom helped with the veggies and my dad was at the temple. We all totally pitched in and got it done before everyone got here.


When the kids got here, we blew up their lightsabers for them and let them play with those while we waited for everyone to get there. Once everyone was here, we played a couple games outside (Star Wars related) and then came inside for cake and ice cream.



I made two cakes this year. A basic sheet cake that the kids ate, and lightsaber cake too. The kids wanted to eat it, but I had a hard time after all my work, letting them cut it open. lol lame I know. It was my first time using fondant and I will admit that that I had some help rolling it out from Jeremy because I didn't want to hurt my arms or neck. We just used some of Kasen's action figures from Disneyland to put around the cake and then cut a whole bunch of stars out of fondant. Pretty basic, but I was happy with it and most importantly, Kasen was too!!









After the kids were done eating their cake and ice cream, we went into the living room to open presents. I didn't really get any good pictures because all the other kids were up in his face trying to see what he got. It was cute. They were all so excited too!

This is the only picture I got. After the presents were open! Lots of star wars stuff! YAAY!

Thank you to everyone who came, thank you to everyone for their presents, thank you to everyone who helped me prepare!! Kasen is grateful as well!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

Wow, what a fun birthday! I am so glad he enjoyed his presents so much. Brielle keeps talking about how much fun his birthday was. She even watched star wars in the hotel in Vegas. lol. YIKES!