Monday, November 17, 2008

Train Ride

I have been meaning to take Kasen on the local train called the Sprinter for months now. I mean MONTHS. I just never got around to it, and how mean am I, but I even bribed him with it a couple times and never followed through. So one Saturday we were bored and I told Jeremy in secret what my plans were and he agreed. So we told Kasen we were going on a secret trip and he needed to go get ready. He was so excited and couldn't stop asking questions. We took the Sprinter from Vista to San Marcos. Not too far, but about 4 stops inbetween so really it was just enough. Once we got off the sprinter, we walked about a mile with Kasen in the stroller and went and had lunch at a tasty little mexican joint called La Fe. We ate, walked back to the sprinter and then went home. He LOVED every minute of it. He felt so cool being on the train. Like such a big boy, and the best part was his ticket was FREE.

This first picture was of him realizing where we were going and what we were going to do. He was ecstatic! It was really cute.

Buying tickets.

Patiently waiting for the train.


Here comes the train!


On the train, finally, at last!

3 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

Aww how fun! I bet he did LOVE it! And don't feel bad about not following through with promises, we've all done it before! :)

The Mathews Family said...

FUN! BTW- I totally should have been more specific and mentioned that we got 3rd place in the costume contest and gave credit where credit was due! Your costumes were da bom!!! ;0)

Pure Images said...

Aww fun! We went and picked up my grandma yesterday on the sprinter and Brielle was squeeling at the train. I have to take her sometime.