Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July

This year we had a pretty mellow 4th. It was actually nice. I don't have a lot of energy these days so it was just nice to have Jeremy home and hang out with us and be able to spend some quality time with my boys. Especially Kasen. We started out the day by making cookies! Jeremy contributed by showing me how to use my kitchenaid that I got YEARS ago for a Mothers Day gift. OMG! I am so sad that it's been sitting around for so long with dust on it. I will be using it a lot more now that I know how and have seen how simple it is!












M&M and Walnut! YUM!









All decked out in our red white and blue!

























After that we all just played around and then took naps. We had some dinner and got ready to go to the fireworks in Chandler. It was HUGE. The park it was at was ridiculously packed with people and cars. It was still so much fun. When we pulled into the park it was 8pm and 102 outside! Blah! They had TONS of bouncy houses for the kids and even water bouncy houses. Kasen wore his bathing suit and got to enjoy the slides. The fireworks started around 930 pm and let me tell you...they were actually TOO long. People were getting up and leaving and you kept hearing moms all round telling their kids "ok here is the grand finale finally...OH..no it's not" but about 35 minutes later, the grand finale started and last about 10 seconds. Jeremy and I both agreed that they should have combined the last 15 minutes into the grand finale and just been done with it. Kasen absolutely LOVED them of course.




We knew he would. It was Quinn I was worried about, but he did really well. He slept the whole time until about 10 minutes til the end. He only woke up cause he was hungry. We waited in our car to get out of the parking lot for an hour. I ended up having to feed him in the car. Awesome. I am not so fond of having to feed him outside of my house. I will get into that in another post.




All in all it was a good successful 4th! We are so lucky and grateful to live in a country like the one we do!







1 comment:

Kendyl said...

Fun day! I'm amazed though that your kitchenaid has been collecting dust...well, actually it's probably better. Mine gets too too too much use, I don't know how I'd make anything without it! (hence the growing size of my behind!). Happy 4th!