Friday, August 24, 2007

Family Feud

Last weekend, my parent's, Jeremy and I, and my sister Jen went to LA to audition for the Family Feud. We were all really nervous and my dad even gave us mock questions on the way up to the show. My dad and I even drank some redbull so that we would be happy and spazzy.

When we got there, we drove into the parking lot and there were others families staring us down. It was pretty funny, because we were in our car talking trash too. So it was all fair. We got out of the car and walked to the conference room where the auditions were being held. (at some hotel)

They made us fill out a bunch of paperwork and called us up to take our picture. I wish I would have gotten a copy of it for scrapbooking purposes, but I didn't! Dang!

They told us they were going to call 2 families up at a time for a mock show. They were going to ask us two questions and it didn't matter who won or lost because they just wanted to see who would be a better support system to their team members.

They taught us how to huddle and pretend to look over at the other team, they taught us how to high five, and they taught us how to give a BS answer if we couldn't think of the right one. They taught us how to say "good answer!!" whether it was good or awful! They taught us a lot of useful information that I am POSITIVE we will use in our every day life! ie: Kasen are you a boy or a girl? BOY!!! ::Good answer!! HIGH FIVE!!::

So there were 11 teams there. We were the first ones there so we sat in the front row. After filling out our paper work we looked back and realized we were the minority. That's totally ok. Just surprised us a bit. 5 of the teams were African American, 2 were Hispanic, and 4 were Caucasian (us). :)

We were the first ones to get called up along with some other team. They asked the first quesstion, we won!! They asked the 2nd question, we won!!! We cheered like no other, laughed at each other and continuously gave high fives! We were VERY spirited!

They told us as we were leaving that if we made it, they would send us a postcard in the mail telling us so. That if we haven't received a postcard within 2 weeks to stop waiting by the mailbox and that we didn't make it. So we left feeling hopeful, but not guaranteed.

It was a fun experience and we all knew that whether we made it or not, it was a once in a lifetime experience.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to watch the game, we'll have to have a big party, A Family feud party fun uh? I'll bring the chips and dip!!

Pure Images said...

I'll bring sodas!