Monday, September 3, 2007

Scrapbooking


I cannot express to you how MUCH I love to scrapbook. It is so much fun for me. I get to use my creative outlet, but best of all, it's something, like the only thing, I am good at. I always think if I were to try out for some talent show, like Americas Got Talent, I wouldn't have anything to physically show for. I can't sing, I can't dance, by no mean am I flexible. I don't mime, I don't balance, I don't juggle or change my clothes quickly. I have had a really hard time lately thinking that I wasn't good at anything. That I wasn't blessed with any talents. I was only thinking physical, of what my body could do. Until recently, when I realized that scrapbooking is my talent. It's something that I have a total passion for, and something that I can always improve on. My pages are not by any means the best, but they are good. I am not trying to brag at all because I don't like it when people do that, but I guess I am just trying to say that....just because people don't have more common talents like singing or dancing or playing an instrument, doesn't mean we don't have talents. Each of us do. We all are good at something. I know its hard when we run into those people who are good at everything it seems, but they struggle in their own areas. If you don't know what your talent is, please let me know and I guarantee I can make a list for you. In fact, its a challenge. If you don't know of your talents, please let me help you recpgnize them. It's a feeling of great worth when you recognize your talents. I hope that wasn't a lot of babbling, and that I actually got my point across.

3 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

I think your absolutely right. We can have talents that aren't physical! I LOVE your scrapbook pages, and you ARE a very crafty, creative person, and your passionate about it! I think sometimes it's hard to recognize the talents we have, and then make them grow. Your awesome britt and i LOVE that we get to be family!

Annie said...

I am so glad that you are an amazing scrapbooker because I like to sit by you and have something to copy. I love to do it but I'm missing that creative side, My talent is copying beautiful work. Thanks to you Kate will have a cute scrapbook. So thanks for your talents- Keep sharing them!!

sarah said...

I think you are very creative. Way more than me that is why I like scrapbooking with you. I don't want a list from you.