Thursday, March 13, 2008

3 Celebs and an Ellen


On Tuesday a couple friends and I went dont to LA for a taping of Ellen. We were originally supposed to go to the 3 o clock taping but due to overbookage, ended up staying for the 6 o clock taping and STILL just barely go in! While we were waiting for our check in time, we went to lunch at a place called Portos. Just right around the corner from NBC studios. It was really good. When we were standing in line, we didn't know what to order so we kept letting people go in front of us. At one point this man came in linme behind us.

We were still looking at the menus in our hands while we stood in line. We weren't ready, but it was our turn, so I turned to the person behind us, which happened to be the man above, and said...."Excuse me, Sir. You can go ahead of us." Then when he walked past us, he looked SOOO familiar, but I wasn't sure from where. So I went about my business in trying to find the perfect sandwich to order. Until one of my friends mentioned who it was and it all clicked! it was ANDY GARCIA! From Oceans 11, 12, 13! So we ordered our food, while staring at Andy. Being totally start struck wanting so badly to talk to him and get a picture and even an autograph. After about 7 minutes of standing around WANTING to go talk to him and not having the nerve I finally got my pen out of my purse, grabbed my to go menu and walked off. I wasn't sure what I was going to say, but I walked up and said, "I'm sorry to bother you, but can I have your autograph?" He said "Sure, what's your name? Do you want his autograph too?" Pointing to the man next to him that he had been talking to since he got there. Not knowing who he was I decided to make a joke, and said "sure, you can sign the front of the menu, he can sign the back" ha ha, right? Well Andy continued to tell me. "his autograph is probably more valuable than mine at this point, he is the owner of this place" FOOT IN MOUTH! Oops! SO then my friends ran up and we took a picture with him. Me being the shortest of the 3 girls, which is VERY odd and NEVER happens to me, Andy said "So are you guys all on a volleyball team together or something? What's the deal here?" Keep in mind I am 5'11 close to 6'0. My two friends are both like 6'1. He was even shorter than I was. It was pretty funny.

So we got pictures, and I got an autograph. Cool, eh? Well the day gets better.




We went to the Grove. An upscale mall in Hollywood. Hoping to see more celebs, last time I was there I saw Matthew Perry, but not such luck this time. We then went back to the studios for our 6pm taping.

Like I said, we barely made it in the audience this time and so we didn't get to sit by each other. I had a man probably in his early 50's sitting by me who wouldn't stop flirting with me. Funny thing is? His wife was sitting on the other side of him. It was driving me crazy. It got so bad that the MC came up our aisle and was looking for a volunteer for something and before I knew it, and before I knew what he was asking, my hand was the first one raise and he called me out to the aisle. He asked my name and said "ok Brittany, you have 30 seconds, start dancing!" My jaw dropped. I looked at my friends and was devestated? Have a dirty man flirt with me? Or dance like an old lady while 200 people are ALL STARING at you. Umm? I tried to dance. I can't dance. I tried to make the best of it knowing I am not a dance, knowing that there was no way my dancing would improve in 30 seconds. I just danced. Humiliation and all. I sat back down and apparently my dancing made that man want to flirt with me more. I was glad when the show was over. Humiliated once again. But hey, I got a cool shirt that says : I danced with Ellen


But the actor that was on was Steven Straight from 10,000 BC. He was a cute kid. Just got married. Still giddy.

After the show was over we decided to go to dinner. We asked the people that worked at Ellen where we could go to see some famous people. We were recommended to this place. Dan Tanas.
When we got there we found out there was a 45 minute wait and we weren't really sure we wanted to wait until we looked around and in the wee corner, we saw....
sitting with 2 of his friends. We decided at that point to stay and took a seat at the bar to have some sodas. Seats that were given to us by drooling men. ha ha j/k. Once we sat down, we were immediately flirted with by an 80 year old man. Literally. He bought us drinks and everything. Couldn't stop flirting. IT was cute. Then two other men came in and started flirting. Safe flirting though. Us 3 girls couldn't stop laughing. 3 wholesome Mormon girls sitting at a bar being bought sodas and even an appetizer! Hilarious. Nothing we have ever experienced before. It was SUCH a fun day. SUCH a fun night. I am so grateful I got to go. We had a blast!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is great that you met Andy Garcia. What shoes did you wear? I am wondering how tall Andy actually is.

Brittany said...

I was wearing flat black shoes. I was also standing and leaning to the side. He is shorter than I am. I don't know who wrote that comment, by the way.

Nichole Bruce said...

I told you that you'd get something free... I just didn't know you'd have to dance for it!! When does the show air?

Anonymous said...

Which NBC studio did you go to? I would like to try this backery when I visited LA next month. Is it just around the corner of the studio? Can you give me the full address please? Thanks!

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW so that is so great. What awonderful day. i am glad you saw stars.

The Mathews Family said...

SOOOO lucky. Still reeling with jealousy!!