Sunday, March 30, 2008

Kasen-isms

It's time for my quarterly dedication to Kasen. He is learning and growing up so much. Talking more and more, but REALLY understanding more than I give him credit for. I have full on conversations with him and he honestly cracks me up. He is not only unintentionally funny, but these days he is joking around. He makes jokes, and he is sarcastic, and he tries to trick me. Very cute. He is SUCH a smart boy and I am so proud to be his mommy. Here we go:


I love that last week while we were frantically getting ready for school in the morning, I gave him a danimals and put him in charge of getting it to the car with him. He kept getting distracted and sitting it down in different places, so finally as we were ready to go, I said "Hey ADD boy, where is your danimals?" to which he responded, "I'm not A-D-D boy. I'm K-A-S-E-N boy!" Funny.


I love that while I talk to him about things that happen in primary or at school, he will never give up any info. The other day he layed his head on my scriptures on my bed and I said "HEY! You are laying on my scriptures." He lifted up the scriptures and said "scripture POWER!" At least I know he likes the songs he sings and that he DOES listen.


I love that he knows the words to "No One" by Alicia Keys, and SOME of the words to "Low" by Flo Rida. My 3 year old is kinda ghetto, huh? Hilarious!


I love that he gets words mixed up sometimes. For instance, cookie cutter= cootie cucker or shopping cart= copping shart.


I love that when we were walking through Barnes and Noble last week, (keep in mind where we live) Kasen spots a big table stacked with books and while we are walking past it to leave, he says in his loud voice "Those are all MEXICAN books!" what the? Huh? And we walked right on out the door!


I love that ever since Kasen was a baby, we have called him some sort of Cheebo Weebo. It's gone from Cheebo Weebo, to Cheebs, to cheebie weebie, to cheebies. At this point in his life, it's cheebies. He has requested that we start calling him Kasen Cheebies.


I love that my son can spell words and his favorite word to spell and write is "happy"


I love that while singing some basic nursery rhymes, he stars like this " baa baa black sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir yes sir, 3 bags full. One for the master who lives down the drain...."


Kasen I don't know what my life would be without you. I don't EVER want to know. You have changed me forever and I am so grateful to be your mommy. So honored and privileged. I hope you will ALWAYS know how much you mean to me, what a miracle you are to me, and how much I love you.

5 comments:

Mrs.EBG said...

I totally love Kasen. He is so funny, so cute. I love that his little personality totally shines through, it's way too cute! You are one lucky mom and he is one lucky kid! :)

SeeCampbell said...

Kasen really is a wonderful little man and you can take a lot of credit for that. Keep up the good work!!!

Pure Images said...

Kasen is such a cutie. I was so proud of him singing with the primary a few weeks ago. We were in the hall and I realized that he was singing and I went in to hear it. =) He is such a great kid!

The Mathews Family said...

I loved reading that. He's such a cute little guy. He's a lucky little dude too. ;)

Is that LO digital? Soooo cute Brit! I love it!

Brittany said...

It's not a digital kit. It's just one I made at EverAfter. I actually think you were there when I did it. :)