Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Camping at the Beach

I decided to get this post on here ASAP so that Susie would have something new to look at FINALLY. :)

Today we went to the beach on base (Camp Pendleton) at San Onofre where my sister and her family are camping. It was actually really fun. A couple of our friends went with us and my mom and Crystal and Jeanine came too.


We hung out by Jen's camper while we waited for everyone to get there, and then we walked down to a better part of the beach and played played played!


Kasen had so much fun with his cousins. SO much fun. It's always good for him to hang out with other little boys because I feel like he turns into a real boy. He doesn't cry or complain, he just sucks it up and has genuine fun! Dawson and Everett live about 45 min away and lately we have been seeing a lot of them and Kasen gets so excited when I tell him they get to play together.


My friend Kendyl's little boy Justin. Every time he would crawl around he would put his puff in the sand and dig it further in, but that didn't stop him from chowing down. He will have some fun diapers for a couple days. lol
Kasen and his cousins were dumping water on their heads and Kasen dumped a bucket of water that had a little bit of sand in it.
This was the result. It took me a good 5 minutes of scrubbing his head in the shower and I still don't think I got all the sand out. Oh well, he thought it was fun.
Kasen ALSO saw his cousin Everett get buried in the sand and wanted to do it too. Not my son! I was freaking out while I was burying him and it wasn't even me under the sand. Good for him for being outgoing.
My friend Melissa's little girl Mary. As soon as Melissa put Mary down she darted as fast as she could crawl down towards the water, it was cute.
Elijah has no fear. He climbs and rolls and tumbles all over, hence the sandy face after being there for only about 5 minutes. Cute boy.
Kasen and his beach "bum" cousin Everett
Everett, Kasen and Dawson being silly
The girls hanging out, snacking and chatting. Fun stuff!
p.s. Melissa I hope your foot is ok...(she got stung by a bee for the first time EVER, she stepped on it in the sand, and it was pretty traumatic, but she made it out OK!) However, like I told you in the lifeguard station, I still think I was more dramatic when I was stung a few years ago, than you were today! ha ha... I take the prize!









7 comments:

Kendyl said...

so fun, let's do it more often! I'm going to steal the picture of Justin too, it's cute!

Mrs.EBG said...

Looks like you had a blast!! Wish I could have been there! Kasen looks like such a big boy!!

Raadgep Fam said...

It looks like you had a blast! SUMMER is so much fun !

sarah said...

I am glad that you guys had a good time. I love going to the beach but I think it will be awhile.

Tiffany said...

what a super fun camping trip! How is your eye doing by the way?

SeeCampbell said...

Britt, thanks again for the invite! I love the pictures. We had a lot of fun. I hope you enjoyed Saturday night too! Look forward to seeing you again soon! The boys really do have fun with Kasen too!

Pure Images said...

We had so much fun! It was nice seeing everyone too. I LOVE THE BEACH!