Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finally....My trip to Utah

I've been pretty exhausted and busy since I got home from Utah. Kasen is sick with bronchitis and a really bad ear infection which explains all the screaming on the drive home through the mountains. (nightmare)......Bailey has an ear infection in each ear as well. Yaay for sick kids/dogs!

Before I got home though....I had a GREAT time in Utah. I was definitely ready to come home though. It was hard being by myself and taking care of Kasen and his 3 year old snotty attitude all by myself. He did have his good moments though and that made it worth it.



Here was my agenda:


Wed- Drive 12 hours to get to Utah. It shouldn't take that long, but when you have a 3 year old who needs to pee every 2 hours, ya gotta stop. We got there around 7:30 at night. Nichole had dinner waiting for us and the boys went and played.

Braxton, Kasen and Isaac


Thurs- We woke up and took the boys to Kangaroo Zoo. It's a fun place that has a ton of different kinds of bouncy houses. They loved it. That night my brother in law watched all the boys while we went and played Bunco. It was fun. They way they play it is, everyone donates $10 and the host makes dinner and gets prizes for everyone worth $10. That way everyone gets to win a prize and its just a matter of the picking order for the prizes. I got a cute vinyl sign. It was fun.


Fri- We met up with my friend Nyree whom I haven't seen in years. I miss her so much and it was great to see her. I actually got to see her a couple times while I was there, but this was the first. Later that night, we went scrapbooking at my sister in laws scrapbook store. It was a lot of fun, but I will admit I like my scrapbook store better! lol....maybe thats cause I know all the people, know where everything is, and it's twice the size. Sorry Nichole, maybe you should come here and scrapbook with me!

He thought picking my nose was pretty funny, it actually hurt!





Sat- Nichole and I woke up and went and got massages at the massage school in Lindon. 1 hr for only $25! Can't beat that! It was one of the best massages I have ever had. Afterwards...conveniently the Provo Craft outlet was 2 doors down! We of course had to do a little shopping and buy some good stuff. Brandon again was watching the boys and met us at the theatre to take the boys to see Wall-e. I wasn't that fond of it to be honest, but oh well, Kasen liked it.We went shopping, Nichole, Katie (jeremys sister) and I. It was great being able to go to the stores that I totally miss! No fair! Tai Pan. Roberts. Rod Works. Shade. Brandon was such a good babysitter. That night we went to dinner at Cafe Rio and it was SO tasty! I miss that place a ton!


Sun- We went to church with Brandon and Nichole where they got to give talks on FHE in Sacrament. Fun for them. We went to Nicholes parents house for dinner and played a card game I was no good at. It was still fun though.

Cute Isaac eating his pudding popsicle.


Mon- We woke up and went down to Provo and went to BYU. I wanted to get Kasen a shirt and sweatshirt since he had grown out of his from last year. We met Nyree and her girls there and Katie came with us too. We walked around and I had some SERIOUS nostalgia! Walking on campus, through the bookstore, past the food court. All the memories. I really miss Utah. lol Never thought I would say that, but I do! Monday night we had FHE about the brother of Jared. We thought it would be appropriate since Brandon and Nichole gave their talks on the importance of FHE they day before.



Nyree and I

Tues- We went to Thanksgiving Point's petting zoo with some of Nicholes high school friends and had a good time. It was stinky, but tolerable. Kasen really enjoyed himself. Later that day, we went to meet up with a couple of my friend from when we lived there. Nyree, Susie, and Melanie (who happened to be in town from Spokane). I miss those girls. It was really nice sitting around talking with them and realizing again why were were so close when we lived by each other. We have a lot in common and our personalities are very similar. I wish I would have been able to spend more time with them. I am just glad I got to see them and their ever growing kids! All of them have had kids I have never even met! So cute. I wish we lived closer so they could all be friends, but they played together pretty well at the McDonald play place.


Petting the cow.


Feeding the goat.




Riding the pony.

I walked over to find Kasen and he was sitting in Ronalds lap eating his french fries. Too funny.



Susie, me, Melanie and Nyree

All of our kids! I won't even try to list them off....



Wed- We drove home another 12 hours and poor kasen had a tough trip. He had caught a little cold while he was in Utah and it got worse driving through the different elevations and mountains. He kept complaining and crying and it was so pathetic. I felt so helpless. I couldn't do anything. It was really frustrating. He is on antibiotics now but still coughing quite a bit.


Kasen kept wanting to play his leapster but he couldnt play it with the sun so bright cause he couldn't see the screen. So, he covered himself up with his blanket and played underneath so he could see his screen. :)



I had such a great trip, and I am SO glad to be home too. lol....Thank you Brandon and Nichole for opening your home to Kasen and I and for driving us around everywhere. You are great family!! We love you.

2 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

We had fun too! We miss you guys and it was fun to hang out for the week. Thanks for coming!

Nyree said...

That went by way too fast! But I was so happy to acutally see you and Kasen this time. We had a couple super fun (but too short) visits, huh? (I must say though, that picture of me and you-not too great of me!) Miss you already but I'm glad you got home safe! Love ya