Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My splendid Dr visit! NOT!

So I hinted a bit at my mom to watch Kasen while I went to the Dr but she had other things to do and I didn't want to bother her so I didn't flat out ask her to take Kasen for me while I was gone. I didn't want to take Kasen because he has a massive attitude right now and has this disease called "selective hearing" I am hoping it's curable. For now? It's working it's way out, but still there.

We get to the Dr and we are waiting in the little room they put us in. We are reading books to each other and everything is going well until the PA walks in. (my normal Dr didn't have an appt til Thur. and I wanted to be seen before then) I am sitting in the chair, Kasen is sitting in the kiddie chair next to me. (green Diego chair). The Dr asks me to get up on the table so he can check out my eye. At this time I get up and move and so does Kasen. He takes the chair I was in and I sit on the table as I was asked. The dr is now looking at my eye and asking me my symptoms. Kasen continues to drag the green Diego chair over to his char so he can rest his feet on it. With all the noise, the Dr turns around and here is how the rest of my appt goes:

Dr: Now Kasen (he asked his name when he came in the room) you need to choose a chair. You can have both, you can only have one." Then he pulls the green Diego chair out from under his feet and puts it back.

Kasen: "NOOOOO"

Me: "Kasen you need to choose a seat and we can't put our feet on other peoples chairs"

Kasen: "BLAH! NOOOOOO!" Being the fun 3 yr old that he is. Letting us know he doesn't agree with the dr moving the chair away.

Dr: (turning to me) "Does he know what time out is?"

Me: "oh yeah, he sure does"

Dr: (turning now to MY kid) "Ok Kasen, that's a time out! Go sit in the corner!" Kasen is freaking out now and the Dr takes the green Diego chair and puts it in the corner. Walks towards Kasen to grab him and Kasen starts screaming harder...

Kasen: "no! mommy! I want mommy! mommy!"

I get up off the table thinking to myself (excuse my language...) WHO the HE&* does he think he is? So I walk over to Kasen fully knowing that if I put him in time out the screaming will continue and I didn't want to deal with that in front of a stranger and especially in a Dr's office. So I ask Kasen...

Me: "Kasen will you come sit with mommy on the table and be a good boy and keep your hands to yourself?"

Before Kasen even has a chance to answer....

Dr: "No actually Kasen, you need to go to time out"

Kasen: (now hugging my legs as tight as he can) "mommy no! mommy! mommy!"

The Dr then proceeds to walk over and pull the back of MY sons shirt trying to pry him off my leg so he can put MY son in time out.

At this point I was laughing because once again....WHO the he$% does this guy think he is telling MY child to go to time out? Does he not see his mother RIGHT here? I will be the first one to put Kasen in time out for his naughty behavior. I just didn't want to deal with the drama at the Dr office while I can barely see out of my left eye.

To get the dr. to stop pulling on MY sons shirt, I walk over to the chair in the corner and sit Kasen there. I squat down and tell him...

Me: "Kasen you aren't being very nice. You need to listen to mommy and sit here nicely while the Dr tries to help mommy's eye feel better. It makes me very sad when you aren't nice and when you don't listen"

Kasen: "AHH!"

Dr: (pulling out his stop watch) "Ok Kasen you need to sit there for one minute, and when one minute is up, I will let you know when you can get out"

While Kasen is pouting in the corner all sorts of thoughts are running through my mind. I don't know what to do. I am shocked! SPEECHLESS. I start laughing again because I am so shocked.

The Dr tells me I have an eye infection in each of my eyes, the left one is worse and I spread it to the right eye. He wants to take me out of the office to do a vision test.

Dr: "Kasen I am going to take your mom out, your 1 minute is up, do you want to come?"

Kasen: "AHH!"

Dr.: "Ok if you aren't going to be nice, you can stay there until you are"

And he walks out of the room.

Kasen stayed there until I came back to get him and we left. Once I got in the car I started getting all hot and sweaty and REALLY upset. I almost wish my eye wasn't getting better so I can go back and see him and tell him off. Oh well. The Lord must have known what I would have said to the man so he shocked me so much that I went speechless. HOW RUDE of that Dr. Blah.

9 comments:

Alison B said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you have got to be kidding me!!! that guys has NO right!!! I would not have been able to keep my cool as long as you did. what a jerk. wow. that is horrible. I hope you got some medicine at least!!! ugh!!!

Kendyl said...

Oh my gosh, I would have been in shock too. Excuse me doctor, when did you become MY discipliner too? What an idiot, I can't believe he had the nerve...and to actually pull Kasen's shirt? Oh no!!!!

Kristin said...

I wonder if this PA even has any kids. And if he does, they're probably out of control themselves. It is never anyone else's place to interfere with the discipline of another's child unless the safety of that child is endanger, which clearly yours was not. I would file a complaint against him with that firm. The fact that he pulled Kassen's shirt is outrageous! This PA had absolutely NO right or jurisdiction to do what he did.

Nichole Bruce said...

Talk about unprofessional! He is there to be your Doctor, not Kasen's (or any kid) disciplinarian. I wouldn't let it go, that PA needs to be put in his place... a letter, formal complaint, another visit, something. He can't go on thinking what he did was right!!

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW all I have to say is you should complain to someone. He was way out of line, I know he was "trying" to help but HOLLY CRAP HE FAILED! I cant believe that! GESH!

Claudia said...

Thank you so much for your kind words Brittany. Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot. I'm sorry to learn that you went through the same, but I'm glad you got through it well. :) Thank you for sharing that great scripture with me too. I really appreciate your kindness.

I can't believe your doctor! Does he think he's Supernanny or something?! I hope your eye is healing fast and well. :)

The Mathews Family said...

Aw Man. I'd have lost my mind! Stupid jerk! Anyway, I'm sorry about your eye! I didn't even notice it today- is it better?

dancingmelissa said...

Yah I agree with all those moms. What's his name so I won't go to him? What a maroon!

Chris Stewart said...

AHH! Where does he think he has the right to disipline your child while your standing right there?? Wow, that takes some balls. Totally not cool. I probably would've been in shock, too! Sorry you had to deal with that!