Monday, December 1, 2008

My Eggo is Preggo

For those who don't already know, Jeremy and I are expecting our second baby! We waited a while to tell people just to make sure things stayed safe. We had an appt today and really feel that things will be ok. I am 11 weeks along and am due June 22nd. Forever away, but worth the wait! I've waited this long, whats a few more months?

It's been a long trying 3 years. Jeremy and I have learned a lot and KNOW that this baby is a blessing from our Heavenly Father. It's not always been easy to stay positive, I've had my times of discouragement, loss of faith, and trials. I found that with the happier I was in other aspects of my life, the easier it was to rely on the Lord that much more. The Lord saw that we were ready, and I am grateful for that. Forever grateful. Our prayers continued, and STILL continue, that things will work out and in just 6 short months we will have another little one to bless our family.
I have had about 3 appts now. My pregnancy is high risk. I am a Type 2 Diabetic, for those who didn't know. It's rough. My diet is very strict and I am not able to splurge. (although I did a little on Thanksgiving, but just went for a walk afterwards), its trying. Honestly though? It's all so worth it. I feel so blessed that I don't even feel like I have room to complain. My mom keeps telling me that it's ok to complain. It doesn't mean I am not grateful. I still have a hard time. I am tired, I am sick, ALWAYS hungry, but am SO happy with all of it. I look forward to feeling the POSITIVE benefits of being pregnant. But for now? I am grateful to feel anything at all!

I am trying to be brave and strong, but naturally because of my past, I am scared as well. I have had my fair share or crying out of worry, or just plain being afraid. I have learned and am still learning that the Lord will bless me if I let him. In the over 3 years we have been trying to have another baby, I really feel that is something that I needed to learn. Along with patience obviously. That no matter what, good or bad, the Lord has his best interest out for me and I need to realize that and appreciate it and trust him. It's funny. Ever since I started going to Seminary (a morning church class before high school) my favorite scripture has always been Proverbs 3:5-6.
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

If only I had remembered this scripture and let myself apply it throughout all these years. It's so hard to just let go and turn it over. I am so grateful I did.

I had an appt today and everything is still look great. It's amazing how much your baby grows in just 4 weeks.

The first is a picture of the baby. Head down.



The second is a video of the baby. My Dr is talking in the background. You can hear me a little, and Kasen a little as well. This was the first appt Jeremy was able to attend and my mom was there as well.



The third is a video of the babys heartbeat. You might have to watch it more than once to be able to focus in on the heart and see the heartbeat. It's a little flutter in the middle of the body. Look close.



Thank you to all of you for your LOVE, SUPPORT and most of all, PRAYERS. Please continue will all of these.

Just a cute story to end my post:
At my first appt (5wks) my mom and Kasen came with me. We didn't mention to Kasen what was going on, we didn't want to tell him just in case things didn't work out. Well we went to lunch afterwards and I drank a lot of water. I always do. I went potty before we left the restaurant then went straight to wal mart only for me to go potty again. My mom waited outside with Kasen in the cart and the conversation went like this:

Kasen: mommy has to go potty AGAIN because she is PREGNANT by JEREMY!
My mom: what? How do you know that? You don't even know what that means do you?
Kasen: I do too! It means mommy has a baby in her tummy and she got pregnant, by Jeremy, her husband!

HILARIOUS. I guess I don't give my 4 year old enough credit. He cracks me up! He is really excited to be a big brother and really wants to have a little sister. He insists its a girl. I don't know what we/he will do if its a boy!

21 comments:

Nyree said...

Congratulations!!!! (again) I loved watching the ultrasound of your squirmy little one. I'm curious to hear how active it is in a few months! FUn stuff! Happy- happy -happY news!!! Love ya

Tiffany said...

Congrats! Cannot wait to find out if you are having a little girl or boy!

Raadgep Fam said...

How flippen funny is that! He is so cute ( kasen)! I am so happy for you! congrates!

Melanie said...

OH MY GOSH! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! CONGRATULATIONS!

Your baby is adorable. My boys sat here with me and watched it wiggle all over the place. So cute.

Good Luck! We will be praying for you AND baby #2.

Bridget said...

Kasen is SO FUNNY! I'm so excited for you! YIPPY! I hope it all goes smoothly! If you need anything..let me know!

Alison B said...

i am so happy for you. I"m so glad things are going well. That video was pretty cute. I was surprised how much that baby was squirming. How funny. Kasen was cute, too. He'll be a great big brother, I"m sure! congrats!

dancingmelissa said...

Oh goodie! Awesome! I'm sooo excited!

Kendyl said...

Yay! Congrats, I shed a little teat for you (of excitement) when I read that you are pregnant. SO SO SO exciting! Keep your blog posted as you progress. Kasen's conversation is hilarious!

Krista said...

How exciting!!! We are just a few days appart too. I went to the Dr. yestday and she said i am due on the 17th of June.

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh , I am so so SOOO happy for you! Your post made me all teary-eyed and blubbery. You know that it is so worth it, and if you need anything, just let me know!

With love by Mi said...

Congratulations! We are so happy for you!

kouklaville said...

oh my GOSH oh my GOSH!! I have been thinking and sending out prayers for you for so long because I KNEW how much you wanted another baby and finally the blessing has HAPPENED:):):) The reason I am soo happy is because I have been waiting to tell you that I TOO am pregnant!! 10 weeks and 1 week behind you:) Due July1!!
Please come by and see the lights and us too!
LOVELOVELOVE,
Anthea

The Larsen's said...

Congratulations!!!!!!

Mrs.EBG said...

I was wondering when you would post about this! I'm so excited for you. I know that you have wanted this for so long and that it's truly a dream come true for you! Looks like you have a little active one, too! Kase is too funny, I'm sure he'll LOVE being a big brother!
Congrats again, my friend! :)

The Mathews Family said...

Hallelujah!! SO so so so so SO happy for you!! I must say that I got a little suspicious when I saw you eating snacks in Primary a few weeks ago ;) But, hey, church is LONG... I bring snacks sometimes too! I'm SO GLAD that these were not ambiguous snacks!! lol

Congratulations you guys. The video of the baby made me tear up! What a sweet (wiggley) little miracle you have there. Oh, and BTW, there's no need to worry. If Kasen is anything like Dillon was, and Dillon was ADAMANT that our #2 was a baby sister, as soon as the DR said it was a boy, he said, "Well I changed my mind. I really wanted a brother anyway!" :) He'll be extatic to have a baby brother!

Pure Images said...

So I commented like the minute I got home and now it's not here. Maybe I didn't hit publish? Ok well, CONGRATULATIONS! I know how long you guys have been waiting for this special time. Hopefully it's a girl for yours and Kasen's sake. =) The videos are super precious. I am so excited for you guys. I am excited to have a new nephew/niece!! I know you are very diligent about eating healthy and taking care of yourself so I know I don't need to worry about that. You are the best mommy and I look forward to seeing you have another one! =)

Nichole Bruce said...

We are all extremely excited for you!!! (nevermind lyle's comment-- even brandon thought it was insensitive!)
I cannot wait to meet this little one! We'll continue to think and pray for you guys. Keep us posted! (I'd listen to Kasen... he seems pretty in-tune with things:)

Claudia said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting! I'm very happy for you guys! Kasen is so funny. :) I know of someone else due in June...

kouklaville said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edeninc said...

Holy Schnikeys Batman!! I'm so excited for you honey! Congratulations! I love you!!

Shannon Crandall said...

Congrats I am so happy for you! I will say a prayer that everything continues to go well! It has been a long wait and it is hard but it is all worth it! And hey I will see you soon as we are moving back in Feb!!!