Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nellie Gail

There is a really nice neighborhood in Laguna Hills called Nellie Gail. My brother and his family lives there. On Sunday night we went up there to look at some Christmas lights because apparently they go ALL OUT. I never could have imagined how ALL OUT they really went. I took a ton of pictures but not a single one turned out. They were all blurry. Sorry.

Anyway, my brother was telling us that he doesn't know a single person other than himself who actually hung their own lights. Everyone hired someone to do it for them. They are extravagant! Totally worth the drive. It was free, (minues the gas) and we were able to do it together as a family. We had a 4 car caravan going, and even a few others who decided we knew where all the hot spots were and followed us for a while.

I wish I would have taken a picture of my brothers house. It was so awesome. He had Christmas music playing and the lights were blinking to the beat of the music. He had lights EVERYWHERE. It was so fun! He had a big inflatable train on the roof, two stands with rotating decorated christmas trees in the driveway. It was quite impressive, especially for doing it himself!

I am glad we went! It was so much fun! If you know where Nellie Gail is, I encourage you to go see the best Christmas lights you will ever see! Ever!

1 comment:

Kendyl said...

We live REALLY close! Driving through Nellie Gail is one of our (me and Jeff's) yearly traditions. There are some crazy home (streets with every house with tons of things where they can't even park on their driveways) in this area. So fun! Merry Christmas, loved your card.