Sunday, December 28, 2008

The stockings were hung....

On Christmas Eve, Kasen sprinkled his reindeer food out in the yard. Oatmeal and glitter. Reindeers eat oatmeal and the glitter would shine off the moonlight attracting the reindeer. He REALLY believed this was for real. Of course we left Santa some cookies and Kasen wrote him a letter too. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see what he wrote.



When he woke up in the morning, he was SO patient! Jeremy and I were up late wrapping presents and getting things ready the night before. Kasen watched the WHOLE movie of Polar Express before he made us wake up and get out of bed. We woke up, got ready and went downstairs around 9:30! Sweet!!!

He of course went for his stocking and started unwrapping all the presents in there. Asking to eat his candy.



He did really well and seemed genuinely excited about all his gifts! I was happy about that.

Later that afternoon all the family came over and we opened more presents, ate dinner and played the Right Family game. Everyone LOVED it, so I think it will be a tradition from now on in the Campbell family as well as the Bruce family.

I received my favorite gift from Kasen this year. He got me a necklace, see picture above. The looks on his face when he gave it to me were priceless. He was so excited and was so proud for picking something out that made me cry! It was so sweet and tender! I am in LOVE with my necklace and wear it everyday. You can tell Kasen is so proud of it because he asks me everyday, Do you like your necklace mommy? I tell him yes, I love it, it's very special to me! And he gets the biggest grin on his face!

6 comments:

The Dobrons said...

That is SUCH a COOOOL necklace!!! Is that from the last quote in that book?? Love it. So cool--I would wear it everyday too. No wonder he was so excited to give it to you!

Brittany said...

Yeah its from that little nut brownhare book. Kasen and I have said that to each other as long as he could talk. It was really special.

The Three Peas said...

How fun!! I can't wait till my girls are that age!!

Nyree said...

OKay- I am so jealous! I love that necklace and that book! SO stinking super cute

Alison B said...

very cute necklace...i bet you wear it proudly! :) looks like you had a great christmas, minus the toe incident. :)

Megan said...

We played the Right family game too! It will now be a Dresser tradition as well as a Bruce tradition. How funny.