Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow Day in Julian

On Saturday, spur of the moment, we went to Julian with some of my family to hang out in the snow! Of course while we were there we had to get some pie. I got a piece of NO SUGAR ADDED that I have taken one bite out of and its still in the fridge awaiting more bites. Kasen was so excited when we neared the mountains that you could see snow on. His last experience with snow wasn't that fun for him so I wasn't sure how he would handle it this time, but he LOVED it. He kept yelling out "I LOVE the snow! I LOVE the snow!" It made me smile. When we left I was SO happy he had that experience. It was so worth the drive. It was worth the cold. Worth the slipping on the ice. Worth it all to see him SO happy!

Here are just a few pictures I took of the scenery on the way up there. So pretty.





Grandpa throwin the first snowball at Kasen. He laughed and laughed and then threw one back at grandpa.

Jeremy and Kasen.

The Fam. All with red noses.


Kasen and Brielle. They had so much fun playing together and throwing snow at each other.



Kneeling in front of the huge snow pile!


Kasen and his crazy gloves we had to buy him there. That was the ONLY pair of somewhat BOY looking gloves they had. Kasen was playing with the snow way more than I anticipated and within MINUTES his hands were numb and freezing! He was preparing a snowball, just for a special someone....


Guess who was the recipient? ME! His mother! Can you believe that?! lol...

I don't know how you are supposed to eat popcorn with gloves, but he stuffed it and managed it just fine!

My sweet rudolph! I love you Kase!

On the way out of town we stopped by our favorite bakery....Dudleys. Kasen chose a brownie and finished it in record time! Of course he wasn't clean about it AT ALL. It was all over his face, his napkin was covered in frosting, his hangs were covered, it was on his sleeves, wrists, in his nose. I don't get it, but he enjoyed it and luckily I had some wipes in the car to clean him up cause napkins totally wouldn't have helped.

No comments: