Sunday, October 25, 2009

First Feed

At Quinn's 4 mos check up I was given the option to start Quinn on solids. I was planning on waiting til he was about 5 mos or so because he seemed happy with just nursing. Until I got sick....when I got sick with the flu/cold/sinus infection, my milk decreased significantly. I wasn't sure what to do and Quinn started waking in the middle of the night hungry. So I decided to start him on cereal sooner than I had planned hoping to help his hunger. This was his first feeding, it was so fun to feed him. I looked forward to it all day. I even waited til Jeremy got home so that he could be a part of it too!

He actually did pretty well. He doesn't mind it. He even grabs my hand and pulls it towards his mouth. He spits about half of it out while trying to figure out how to swallow something that itsn't pure liquid. Normal. He lets me know when he is done too. He is such a cute little guy. I kind of backed off after a few days though because Quinn got sick again, another ear infection. His 4th one in 4 months. Also, my milk supply came back after I was able to hydrate myself again. I will probably pick it back up once he is off his antibiotics and not so fussy and needy. He did really well though!

1 comment:

SeeCampbell said...

Quinn is so cute. Can't wait to see him soon. I love his smile and especially the pic with Kasen and Grandma!!!