Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Peter Pan

For anyone who doesn't know. Kasen is obsessed with Peter Pan. Has been for a while. I think it's a little more kiddish than Mickey Mouse so I am ok with it. He likes to watch the movie (which I found out today he scratched and now it doesn't work! I am SOOO upset!) He loves Return to Neverland (which eventually we will have to purchase) and he LOVES to pretend he is Peter Pan and then assigns the rest of us characters. I usually get to be Wendy or Capt. Hook when Jeremy isn't around lol. The city of Vista has a big outdoor ampitheatre called Moonlight Ampitheatre. ( I will be going on August to see Les Miserables, anyone wanna go?) I have gone there my whole life to watch plays and musicals. When I found out that Peter Pan was going to be there I KNEW I had to take Kasen. He sat in the orchestra level, in the 4th row. It was awesome. We made the mistake of getting there about 30 minutes early since our tickets were at will call and we didn't know how long it would take to get them (about 7 minutes) and we went and took our seats. The show started at 8pm. Not sure why it was so late when it was Peter Pan, clearly a show lots of little kids were going to see, but Kasen kept asking me about every 2 minutes what time my watch said. "what time is it mom? Is it going to start yet? When will it start? Where's Peter Pan? Are those Indians? Mom! Mom! Mom! What time is it? " SOOO ANNOYING! But I couldn't get mad, I just knew how excited he was to see Peter Pan in real life! When Jeremy got up to go to the bathroom one last time before the play started, he came back with a little surprise for Kasen. They were selling the felt Peter Pan hats for $3 and Kasen was so stoked and STILL is. He wears it and carries it all day long. He wanted to wear it to church on Sunday even. He loved the play, sat through the WHOLE thing and didn't even ask questions. He knew the storyline, he knew who everyone was, he just sat there mesmerized and watched. He didn't even fall asleep. The play got over at like 10:15. What a good boy! It was worth the time and money just to see him so happy!





4 comments:

Nichole Bruce said...

That's what I need, not more Star Wars, Braxton needs to see Peter Pan!!
We can't wait to see you in a couple of hours!

Alison B said...

so fun!!!! very cute.

The Dobrons said...

So Cute! We DVR'd (that's a word now right?) Return to Neverland and Allison LOVES it too...So do I!

Tiffany said...

I was poking around and found you on the Harrison blog! Do you remember me for the Oceanside ward? Hyrum and I were there briefly! Well it is really nice to see you and your adorable family!