Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Pumpkin

This was a conversation Kasen and I had this morning on our way to meet friends for breakfast:

Kasen: I miss my dog.
Me: Bailey is at home Kase, we will see her when we get back
Kasen: NOT Bailey mom
Me: then who?
Kasen: Pumpkin, he's in heaven
Me: (trying to ignore the fact that he doesnt have a dog named pumpkin, nor has he ever, I say) I had a doggy when I was little, she went to heaven too
Kasen: Is she in heaven with pumpkin?
Me: Who is pumpkin?
Kasen: my dog, that died
Me: Kasen you don't have a dog named pumpkin, your dog is Bailey and she is alive and waiting at home for us
Kasen: (getting really upset that I am not taking this seriously he says) NO MOM! MY DOG! PUMPKIN. SHE DIED!
Me: What did your dog pumpkin look like Kasen?
Kasen: He had black stripes and pink polk a dots
Me: (laughing out loud, thinking he is pulling a joke on me...I look back and he has the more serious face)
Kasen: It's not funny mom, I miss him!
Me: Sorry Kase
Kasen: It's ok mom, I'll see him again.

I don't get it. Does he know something I don't? Does he actually remember something? He is a special little boy, that's for sure. It really makes me wonder.

4 comments:

Pure Images said...

Such a cutie pie. He is getting so old! =(

Alison B said...

oh, he shares the love of pumpkin that we have!!! how cute.

Raadgep Fam said...

how funny, I think he imagined Pumpkin! but all in all he died an dwe should help him get over the dog. Maybe a stuffed doy like pumpkin?

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

that is a riot. i like the part where he understand the plan of salvation and that he'll see pumpkin again someday. way to go, good parents!