Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mommys Day at School

On Thursday Kasen's class invited all their mommies to come to school with them for the last hour. The whole day was a surprise for us, all we knew was that we were getting lunch.

When we got there, the kids were all lined up on the wall ready to take us to our seats for lunch. They sat us down and poured our lemonade for- us out of a pitcher!! Went and filled our plates for us and waited patiently for us to eat. THEN they got to paint our toe nails and finger nails. Kasen was so excited and PROUD about this one. He was going to paint his mommys nails. He went and chose a color and came back with a color like this...

I kindly turned down the dark burgundy (knowing it would stain my fingers) and asked him to pick another color. He then came back with this....


Ok, so do I turn him down AGAIN? I asked him nicely to get a light pink so he did. He didn't even care that I declined his first two options. He was just happy to be doing it at all.

Afterwards, they kids rubbed lotion on their moms arms. I was lucky enough to have about half a bottle poured on my arm by Luc. (it was grapefruit) It was pretty funny. He rubbed it in and left my arms with a thick white coating. Kasen then came to me with peppermint and I couldn't turn him down since it was his job to do it, so I stunk the rest of the day like graperfruit and peppermint. Not the best combo.

The kids presented us with cards and CUTE CUTE buckets with a plant. They planted the plant and put painted handprints on the sides of the bucket. It was way cute.
The best part? The card! Kasen's teacher filled out a sheet with facts ABOUT MOM. She asked the questions and Kasen answered. He tried, but couldn't have been anymore wrong on just about ALL of them lol.
It was such a cute effort. I appreciate all that he did and I am glad that he finally is starting to appreciate all that I do as well. He is a sweet little boy and I am honored to be his mommy!

4 comments:

Pure Images said...

SOOOO CUTE! Kasen is such a good little boy!

Pure Images said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley said...

That's so stinking cute!!!!

And since you love cleaning houses so much, you wanna come clean mine?

Edeninc said...

Nice paint job! He's a Picasso in the making. Wanna come clean my house too? Gee Thanks!!
Happy Mothers Day!