Thursday, May 29, 2008

Temple Work-er


Last month I was set apart as a temple worker. I was given the choice of what week in the month, what day and what shift I wanted to work. I chose the 4th Wed of every month. My shift is from 5-10pm. Since I have a small child at home, they suggest ONLY working one shift a month as to not take away from your family time. I was ok with that when I was set apart, but since I started my shift last night, I don't know if once a month is enough.


I absolutely loved it. It's amazing. I feel like I really know the temple better than I ever have before. What elevators lead to where, what staircase you use to get to a certain place. I even ate in the cafeteria for dinner on my break, for the first time ever. Pretty decent food.


The spirit was AMAZING and I am so excited about going back again in July (the temple is closed the last week in June for cleaning). I am sad that I wont be back until July though, but anxiously looking forward to it.


I know it sounds lame, but I already feel the blessings from only going last night. I cannot wait to receive more blessings from this wonderful opportunity. I feel very honored to be able to work there. Each shift is ended with a session and it was wonderful.


Yaay for the temple! :)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's awesome! The rules must have changed, because when I was working in the temple, young mothers (moms to young kids) were encouraged to NOT volunteer because of the time restraints it could put on their home life. Good for you, Brittney!

Nichole Bruce said...

It's seriously one of those things you won't ever forget!! And you're so right, you get to know and understand the temple so much more and the importance of what goes on. Good for you!
PS (Obviously it's okay (even if you are amom) because you're doing it! Brandon thinks the rules might have changed or they're in need. Either way, it's an awesome experience)

SeeCampbell said...

What a great experience this will be for you at this time in your life. What better place to spend your time. Your life will be blessed! There is so much insight and inspiration that comes from within those walls. I'm so happy for you! Look to this as a major turning point in your life.

Nyree said...

How did I miss this post? Britt, that is so neat and amazing! You go girl! lol! You are awesome for taking time out of your life to do such a great work!