Monday, May 19, 2008

Soccer Update




Kasen had his second soccer game on Saturday. My oh my was it SO much better! SO much better. He listened to his coach, didn't freak out when peope used his ball, no real tantrums, he giggled had fun and even kicked and dribbled the ball. I cannot tell you HOW MUCH better he did this week. We talked about it A LOT during the week trying to prepare him for what was going to come. It's ok if people use your ball, don't come whine to us, it's ok if you get sweaty (that was a huge issue to him) thats what happens when the sun is out, when we are done we will go get in the car and turn the AC on. I actually have hope for the next few weeks of soccer. I was very pleased. Jeremy wasn't there because he signed up to help someone in the ward move, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with his behavior, I am hoping no. But he did well!

UNTIL:




After this, he was pretty hit or miss, running to me and whining, then he would go play for a minute, then come back and whine some more, then go play again. Luckily it was just the last 15 minutes that he did this when the game was going on. He was great for the whole practice. I am still so proud of my little boy for toughing it out!

5 comments:

Alison B said...

i'm soooo glad, too!!! what a relief!!! I'm also glad you've been posting a lot lately...maybe someday i'll update my website, too. :)

Raadgep Fam said...

ohhhhh wow inprovement! Way to go Kasen !

Raadgep Fam said...

Hey you read our Blog please! super exciting!

Nichole Bruce said...

I"m glad to see he did a 160, it gives me hope. I'm just not sure if I'm brave enough to start. I bet jeremy is extremely proud of his son. WaY to gO kAseN!!

Claudia said...

Thanks for your sweet comment! I laughed when I read it. I was thinking the same thing, 'Man, no more oysters!' :(. You're right, small sacrifice.

Kasen looks so cute playing soccer! :)