Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day!


Today was Father's Day and a good one at that. We woke up for church this morning and Kasen surprised his daddy with a homemade tie. It was a project they made this week at school especially for Father's Day. Kasen was so proud of it and asked his daddy to wear it to church today. Jeremy was a little hesitant at first, thinking he might look funny or that people might stare. I reassured him that other dads would be wearing the same tie today since there were quite a few kids in Kasen's class that are in our ward. Boy was I wrong! Jeremy turned out being the ONLY one wearing his tie, but.....he got about 25 compliments on it from random people throughout the church building. That made him proud. It was super cute.

After church Zac and his family came over and we all sat around and had watched golf. For like 4 hours. Blah. Then as soon as that was over, they opened their presents and turned on the Laker game. Blah. 3 more hours of sports. How ridiculous. I just don't understand that. Oh well. They had fun.
Jeremy is such a great dad. Not that I expected him to be awful, but he has more than exceeded my expectations as a father. He is so patient with Kasen (most of the time), he will watch him whenever I ask him to, he knows how to put him to bed, knows what to say to console him, knows how to bribe and threaten to get what he wants, knows how to love Kasen the way he needs to be loved, knows what to feed Kasen and how to fix it for him too, he can give him a bath, brush his teeth and say prayers with him. He plays with Kasen, wrestles with him, cuddles him, takes care of him when is throwing up (throw up kinda freaks me out), he takes him to the park, takes him to Chuck E Cheese all by himself, reads him bedtime stories, and he even helps him wipe his bum! I can't express to you how happy I am to have Jeremy as the father of my child(ren). Jeremy, I am so grateful for all you do for Kasen. Thank you! He loves you so much!

4 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

Okay first, WAY TO MUCH TV FOR ME! Holly COW! Okay and second that was so tender and so sweet. I am so glad that you havea husband that is so willing to see to your childs needs. You are so blessed to have such a great hubby! GO JEREMY!

Pure Images said...

YAY for Jeremy!! He is a pretty awesome daddy! And yes, way way way to much tv.

sarah said...

I loved the ties from school. I was sad that we didn't go to church so that david could wear his too.

Annie said...

I love your background, you are so talented, I want you to teach me how to do someday and Good for Jeremy.