Sunday, June 7, 2009

GWA! Girls Weekend Away

My REAL Mothers Day present this year was given to me the weekend after Mothers Day. A few friends and I went and stayed at a Resort in Phoenix for the weekend. My friend Jess owns a timeshare and was able to get some bonustime there for the weekend for us for super cheap! Thanks so much Jess!!! You're the best!

The first night we went to this exhibit called Chihuly. It was at the botanical gardens in Phoenix and was really really cool. It was all this glass blown art by a man with the last name of Chihuly. It was amazing to see all the intricate details on some of these pieces. We got there when it was light out, but the cool thing is, all the pieces light up. It was beautiful once it got dark.






Probably my favorite piece.





Me, Jess and Autumn, Jenny was the photographer



After Chihuly we were all starving so we went to dinner at a place called Streets of NY (I think) and had some tasty food
Jenny, Autumn, Me, Jess and Alicia


Saturday we woke up and drove to Autumns sisters baby shower. This is Amy and I. She is having a boy which she is naming the same as my boy. Only difference is....the spelling.
Quinn (for me) and Cwynn (for Amy). We are about 5 weeks apart.



left: Autumn, Alicia, Kelli right: Me, Jess, Jenny
After the shower the girls went swimming while I took a MUCH needed nap. Then we all went to dinner at Claim Jumper. OMG! It was so tasty. They have the best potato skins. I promise. :)
It was an awesome, needed, deserved and everything else sort of weekend. Thanks Jer for letting me go and for taking care of Kasen for the weekend while I took some R&R at a resort with friends. Best mothers day gift!!
When we going to do it again girls? lol

2 comments:

Pure Images said...

I love the glass balls... those are so pretty!

Mrs.EBG said...

ROFL I was thinking of all the creative names we had for all the glass... we really are awesome! What a fun weekend we had! I'm so glad we were all able to go! :)