Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Last Weekend with 1 kid!

This has been my last weekend with 1 kid. I am being induced tomorrow. I am not excited to be induced, but I am SO excited to see my sweet baby boy who is such a miracle to me. I wish I could have gone on my own, but the induction is for the best for me and my baby boy. Yes, some consider me lucky for getting to go 9 days early. I do feel lucky as well, but having to be induced isn't all that exciting to me. Especially considering they are for health reasons. Oh well, I am not going to try and one up anyone and say I have it so bad cause I know it could be worse, but I do just want to say, it has NOT been easy. None of this has. Getting pregnant, staying pregnant, being pregnant. It's not easy for me. I consider this my biggest trial in life. I will tell you what though...I have learned, and grown, leaps and bounds from this trial.

My mom was telling me about a thing that her friend did in relief society last week. Everyone took a piece of paper and wrote down their biggest trial. Folded it up and turned it in. They then passed around the basked and everyone picked out someone elses. After reading the trial, they were to decide if they wanted to trade their trial for the others. What an eye opener. I don't like ANY of what I have to go through to bring one of God's precious children into this world. I will say that I know it could be a LOT worse and that makes me SO grateful for what I do go through. I think in the end it makes ME appreciate my miracle that much more. Makes me realize the hand that the Lord has in bringing this sweet spirit into my life. Our lives.


So anyway, I don't want to compare my trial to anyone elses. I am just going to say its been a ROUGH ROUGH over 3 years, 3 miscarriages and 3 failed fertility treatments to get to this point of where I am at now. I also know it could be worse. Way worse. I have heard worse and know worse from others close to me. I am grateful for what I go through. Remind me of this blog next time we start trying to get pregnant. I really am grateful that it's not worse. I have been taught a lot. Relying on the Lord is the most important thing I have learned. It's all up to him. I am grateful to him for my blessings. For my life. For my family.


With that said.....




Im being induced tomorrow at 3pm!!!!!!




I finally get to meet this sweet little miracle, hold him, squeeze him and kiss him. Tell him how much I love him and have wanted him to be here. For so long.


It still just seems so surreal after all this time, and after all we have been through. It just seems like words. I am going to have a baby tomorrow. It doesn't seem real. Doesn't seem like an action that is really going to take place. I am very open to it though! :)


I will update as soon as I can with pictures and how everything went. For now? I need to go spend a little time with Kasen before his world is turned upside down tomorrow.


Once again, I am SO grateful for where I am and what is going on. ;)

Kasen giving his baby brother Quinn some kisses.

Last family picture with 3

Me and my sweetest boy Kasen


White me and Orange mom....don't ask!


Here it is.....my belly at 38.5 weeks...


9 comments:

kouklaville said...

Girl, I am SOOO happy for you to FINALLY get to hold this little long awaited miracle. One interesting thing I saw was alot of 3's..3 years, 3 attempts and 3 losses..but 2 kiddos! MAYBE #3 will come with no delays! They say "Things happen in 3's". SOO happy to have gotten to know you during this trial and our pregnancys together. It was SOO good to have a kindred spirit during this turbulent scary time!
I miss you and send you lots of love,
Anthea

SeeCampbell said...

Your looking great. Not really that big. Thanks to your healthy diet! I hope you can keep it up after Quinn is born and hopefully kick the DM. I'll look forward to the pictures of the little man!

Pure Images said...

Those are such precious pictures... I can see you scrapbooking them already... =) I am so happy for you and wish you lots of luck and love tomorrow. That's crazy they are inducing you at 3pm though... you think they would do it earlier so you wouldn't have to have him in the middle of the night... hopefully you go sooner than that and DEFINITELY quicker than last time! Good luck! Can't wait to hear details!

Krista said...

Thank you for sharing all those thoughts! I know i have complained a lot about being pregnant, but at the same time I try to keep it to myself because I know how easy some things have been for me.

Good luck tomorrow! That is exciting to know that tomorrow you are going to the hospital and coming home with a baby!

Mrs.EBG said...

Yaay for Quinn day! I'm so excited for you, Britty. I know how much and how long you have waited for this, so it makes it that much sweeter! I can't wait for the call to hear your pushin (just try not to make it too late haha!)! And I seriously can't wait to see him! Love you!

Melanie said...

Good Luck tomorrow. I hope that everything goes well. I can't wait to see pictures!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

you hardly look 30 weeks pregnant, much less ready to deliver. i was supposed to be induced today, but there was no room in labor and delivery (too many people in active labor) so i have to come back tomorrow. we'll be having babies on the same day! good luck with yours...i've already been induced with the other 3 and, personally, i much prefer being induced. i'm sure it will go just fine. good luck!!!!

Jill said...

I felt it was surreal to have the baby, too! So glad he's here. Um, and you know Melissa Kiser? Does she live in Okinawa?

Nyree said...

Wow! I am so glad I checked your blog! I have been so curious to see what is happening with you and your boys! I hope everything went terrific! I am excited to see the little guy.
And about being induced, I hope that went well for you too. I've never not been induced so I wouldn't know the difference. Congratulations!