Saturday, March 17, 2007

Kasens First Prayer



So Kasen has been talking a lot more this past week and is actually trying to repeat things we tell him to say...so we were over at some friends house tonight and their little boy Luc is about 2 months older than Kasen and says his prayers at night with the family. So when we got home tonight we all knelt down for prayer and I asked Kasen if he wanted to say the prayer tonight like Luc did when we were there. He said yes. He has said yes before though, and when you go to say Dear Heavenly Father, he starts to giggle and wont repeat it. Tonight however, he actually repeated it. My mom is the one who was telling him what to say, and he said it! He said his first prayer tonight and said just about every word she said. It was very basic and simple but I cried. To see my son say a prayer at the age of 2 and know that he is starting his life off right and learning such a habit that will help him through his life, good and bad, was such a neat experience. I am so proud of him. He is such a smartie!


The prayer was:




Heavenly Father,


Thank you for my family.


We love you very much.


Bless us so we can sleep well.


Please bless the sick, that they will get better.


In Jesus name, Amen!




Like I said, basic...but SO sweet.




On another positive note, Kasen is going to nursery on his own, FINALLY! On our way out of the chapel each week, we go get Brielle (his cousin who is 3 months younger), they hold hands and they walk right in the door all by themselves. I actually get to go to Sunday School. What a blessing!




That's my update for now. Will write more later.


2 comments:

Pure Images said...

What a special boy!! That made me cry, I am so proud of him!

sarah said...

That is so cute Brittany. I love hearing Luc say his prayers. I am so glad that they can learn from each other. I love that Luc has friends his age that are boys.