Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lactose Intolerant

You know, I always wondered why I felt sick and nauseous after every meal or snack that I ate. I never had any idea what it was. For years, I would always complain about being sick after eating. Jeremy just thought I was being a hypochondriac! I knew better. I felt the pain. I felt the bloating. I just thought I needed to stop eating as much. Well, when I was in Seattle over Thanksgiving this year, I was still getting sick. I don't know what led me to realize what was going on, but now I know. I am lactose intolerant. It really stinks! But it could be worse. I have to take a pill everyday and still try and avoid dairy. Last night we went with some friends (David and Sarah) to Old Spaghetti Factory. I love that place. I get the same thing everytime I go. I also order a glass of milk with it too cause it's free. I mean, WHY NOT? It's free. I did get laughed at by someone at the table who I will let their name remain anonymous. :) But on to my point. I ordered milk, and then I ordered cheese tortellini with alfredo sauce. I took a pill with dinner and thought I would be ok. I was at the time, til about midnight last night. I was so sick all night long, all through the night and this morning when I woke up. I didn't go to church. I was too sick. I took a pill this afternoon and within an hour I started feeling better, not perfect, but better. I never realized what a huge problem this was for me. It's going to be really hard, and a huge lifestyle change for me to avoid dairy. I love eggs. I love cheese. I love milk! I'm not sure I can do it, but I have to remember how I feel when I do eat it, and hopefully that will give me the strength not to eat it. I won't be avoiding it altogether, but sure cutting back. That will help add to the weight loss I've had since Christmas time. I have lost a total of 13 lbs. Go me! So hopefully this will help.

2 comments:

Alison B said...

oh boy!!! that is not good!!! i'm so sorry. You and I share the same love for dairy. how sad. I'm sorry for your loss. :) Love you.

Pure Images said...

I never knew that about you... no more smoothies with yogurt!