Saturday, September 6, 2008

First of the Last



Tuesday was Kasen's first day of his last year of preschool. He was so excited at the idea of going back to school. It was a long summer for him without school. He was always asking when he got to go back. He knew that when he started seeing more school buses on the road, it was only a matter of time before he got to go back too.


When I dropped him off, I had to walk him in to drop off my contract and to drop off tuition. I started to get out of the car and Kasen hurried to say, "It's ok mom, you stay in the car, I can walk myself in" I guess he grew up over the summer because he never had a problem with me walking him in to school every day last year. Sad.


When I picked him up at school he was crying hysterically and could hardly breathe because of it. He was freaking out. Wouldn't eat his lunch that Miss Cassie fixed him. Plain spaghetti and a hawaiian sweet roll. Those are 2 things he would TOTALLY eat any other day. I just assumed he was super tired because he didn't sleep well the night before AT ALL.


I got him home and carried him out of the car, at which point I realized he was REALLY hot. I took his temp and it was 103.6! Yikes. I gave him motrin and put him to bed. He was ready and willing to go to bed. He had a fever with as high as 103 and as low as 101 until yesterday (friday). The Dr said it was just viral and it would go away in a day or two. It did. I was just worried because the temp was so high for the most part. 103 is no good for my sweet boy!


So he ditched school on Thursday and is ready to go back Tuesday again!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Poor kid. I had a similar experience when I was a kid and it was traumatizing. I didn't want to go back. But...I did and I lived. I'm sure he will be ready to go back on Tuesday as well. I am so glad when school time comes around again. I LOVE IT.

Nichole Bruce said...

I HATE those fevers!! Isacc has so many 104, 105 fevers and we go to the doctor... "just viral, it will go away" Frustrating!!
I guess that means you convinced Jeremy to put Kasen in kindergarten next year instead of waiting? I'm afraid our boys have no chance, the Bruce gene's are just too strong! We will be waiting with Isaac.

dancingmelissa said...

Hope he's feeling better. Take care. :)