Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baby Quinn


Baby Quinn and I are doing well. I am 33 weeks now and seeing my new OB (whom I love) every week. We had an ultrasound yesterday to see how big he is getting. The dr said he is about 5 lbs right now which is in the 62nd percentile. He said a little above average but nothing to be concerned about as long as I keep my diet going strong. He said that if he keeps growing at the rate he has been then he estimates he will be 7.14 or 8lbs. I can deal with that. Obviously thats at full term, 40 weeks. If he is born earlier, he will weight less. Just as Kasen did.
He is now head down, which is a relief, I just hope he stays that way. He was still bum down at my ultrasound 2 weeks ago. So I am happy he turned. His head is measuring 35 weeks (BIG) and his legs are measuring 36 weeks (super LONG). He gets those from his mommy and daddy. I wont mention which, from who.
I start my NST's next week. (non stress tests) just to monitor the baby and his heart, contractions and to check my amniotic fluid. We did this with Kasen as well. Not as early, but I am starting to see that this is the best Dr I have had out of all the ones I have had since the beginning with Kasen. Very caring, very precautious, and takes good care of the high riskers. I like that. It puts my mind at ease. That's the latest on my life.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You're so lucky he's already turned! Orion didn't turn until 36 weeks, just a few days before my induction date! That was a close one for us. :)

Mrs.EBG said...

I'm glad you like Dr. Doswell so much, he is seriously awesome! I'm also super glad Quinn is facing the right way! Can't wait until he comes!

Pure Images said...

LOL... big head Jeremy, long legs Britt. lol. That picture of him is so cute!!!

Katie said...

Fun, I love it.. Yeah.. I wasn't quite lucky. Caroline never turned. My doctor tried turning her and that was probably one of the worst physical experiences of my life. She was breached till they pulled her out, feet first, out of my stomach.

SeeCampbell said...

I'm so glad you love the doctor you chose! I didn't think you could go wrong with any of the suggestions you got. I'm so jealous you are almost to delivery. I'm so ready to have this baby too. I'm still dying to know what I'm having, but respecting Greg's wishes! Good luck this month! I'm so happy for you!