Saturday, April 4, 2009

Baby Shower for Quinn (and Me)

Last weekend my mom and great friend Michelle threw a baby shower for me. I had help as well with the food from my sister in law/neighbor/mom. It was so nice. My sister Jen planned all sorts of fun games and prizes too! I loved having everyone there to support me and be happy and excited for me. It took such a long and trying time to get sweet little Quinn here (in my tummy), and it just makes it that much more special to see my friends and family happy for me as well.


I tried to get pics with everyone before they left, but I wasn't able to. I am sad I didn't get to. I felt so loved by those who were able to come. I am so grateful for the friends and family that I have.

Thank you especially to my mom and Michelle for all that they did. I am SO grateful to have BOTH of you in my life and will miss you loads and loads when I move this week. :( I know that you will come visit me though, right?!

These are the party favors I made...that I so absent-mindedly forgot to tell people about before they left. WHOOPS! If you want one, I still have some left. I just made a few magnets to put on the front of the bucket, and filled them with colored m&ms. (the color of Quinns bedding)


Some of the decor that my mom decorated with. So cute and crafty she is! Although she will never admit that, SHE IS! Thanks for the cute decor Michelle!



This was the food we had. All Healthy food stuff (except the 2 yummy cakes my mom made!!!!) that I am able to eat.

Some of the guests who were there: (again, I wasn't able to get pictures with everyone, I am so sorry if you were there and I am not posting a pic!)
This is my friend Krista. We are due the same day! She is such a sweetie! She is having a girl.


This is my friend Anthea. We are due about 2 weeks apart. She is so fun! She is having a boy as well.


This is my dear friend Nancy (and her cute son Braden) from high school! I am still so happy she was able to come!



Sunnie and I. I have known Sunnie for years now. I will miss seeing her at playgroup when I leave.



Two of my cutie friends from playgroup. Kristin and Kim. They both have adorable 1 yr olds.



Lisa and I. She is one of the sweetest people I know!

April and I (from playgroup). She announced that she was 16 weeks pregnant! HOW FUN!



Crystal (sister in law)and I. I am REALLY going to miss you my friend. Thanks for being part of my shower! (and for being my photographer!!)




Sister Jen and I. Isn't she so cute?




Amanda and her cute pregnant belly. She is due with a girl at the end of May.



Melissa and I. She is also pregnant, boy or girl? Not sure yet. She is due at the end of August.




Jenny and I. What a fun person to be around. She is so crafty! I love her homemade presents!

4 comments:

The Three Peas said...

The part that breaks my heart...is that even though you're smiling, I know your face well enough to know that you are SO sad you are leaving! I couldn't imagine welcoming a baby into the world in a place where you only know a handful of people. You'll get through it though because you're a strong mo-fo!

I want to take a pic of Krista and stitch it to a pillow...she is SO cute!

Claudia said...

Looks like a great time! I wish I could have been there. You have so many pregnant friends. :)

Have you decided on a middle name yet?

Alison B said...

so cute! Looks like you had a ton of people there, which I'm sure was fun. Also, I"m totally jealous of your hair right now. It is making me want to grow my hair out. It is already getting long, but yours is so pretty...I want it.

Katie said...

How fun to see some of the people I knew! Congratulations! I have a gift for you- you'll havegive me your new address when you get a chance!