Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sickness

We got to AZ late on Friday night and slept on some borrowed air mattresses from a friend. Saturday we woke up early and the men from church came and helped us moved in. In the meantime Kasen and I were coughing NON stop and blowing our noses EVEN more. We had come from my parents house where my dad had bronchitis and my mom had pneumonia. We were just praying our colds didn't turn into anything worse.

Well on Sunday (Easter) we left Autumns house early because Kasen had a fever. The next day he threw up while coughing. We just thought he gagged himself cause he was coughing so hard.

The next day, I had an appt scheduled for Kasen at his new pediatrician just to make sure his cough hadn't gone bad. He woke up with diarrhea that morning. The Dr told me he had bronchitis and was going to order a nebulizer for us and have it delivered to our house. He also prescribed the meds to go in it, along with some antibiotics to help his lungs. Within seconds before the Dr walked out of the room, Kasen threw up all over me. Yes, all over me. Fun times. The Dr then sat down again and added some anti-nausea meds to his list of prescriptions. Saying he had some sort of bug AND bronchitis. All of this after living in our house 4 days and barely even having our beds unpacked. It was a nightmare. I just cried and cried and PRAYED and PRAYED that while I was taking care of my sweet sick boy that I wouldn't get sick myself. It was pretty awful. Anyway...

This is a picture of him on his nebulizer the first day. Feeling absolutely AWFUL.
He had to do this treatment 3 times a day for 8 days. It took about 20 minutes each time. I only forgot once. I was proud of myself.
He actually fell asleep with the mask on because he was so exhausted from coughing and being sick. Poor guy!
I AM happ to report that he has made a 100% recovery since then. THANK HEAVENS. Also, my cold went away (which I think was also bronchitis, and I never got the stomach bug he had!)

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

Wow, 3 times a day for 8 days.... that is insane! =(