Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Fire Station Tour

A couple weeks ago I planned a playdate for our play group to go on a fire station tour in Vista. I have been trying since like December to get a tour set up in Oceanside, but stupid city of Oceanside would never call me back! So...last month I decided to try Vista and whatd'ya know? They first, answered my call, and second...called me back the same day. Transferred the call to the local fire house and then we set the date the next day! Good ole' Vista.

So Kasen had been looking forward to it for a few weeks. I kept bribing/threatening him with it and telling him if he wasn't a good boy we wouldn't go. Probably not the right approach, but for the most part, it worked!


Anyhoo...here are some pictures.

These were the two main guys who talked to us and showed us stuff. They were very informative (in little kid words) and answered all the questions we had for them. Super nice.






This is a picture of their boots and suit. They leave their boots inside their suit so they can step in, and pull up the suit in seconds. I had never seen that before. I thought it was really cool. Those fire fighters are so smart!





This is a picture of Brielle, Kasen and Derek (kid from playgroup) listening intently when they taught the kids about STOP DROP and ROLL.





One of the guys suited all up and showed the kids what he would look like if he came into our house in a fire searching for us. They wanted the kids to know, so they wouldn't be afraid in case of a fire and try and run from them.






And of course, my cute boy in the fire truck!


At the end of the day, I'm not sure how much my chatty Kasen learned, but he totally had fun!

1 comment:

Pure Images said...

Brielle came home saying "Stop Drop and Roll!

The kids had alot of fun, even if they didn't learn a whole lot. Derek and Kasen got along great!