Wednesday, August 20, 2008

WAP

Today our playgroup went to the Wild Animal Park. Crystal had some free passes so we took her up on those and went along. It was blazing hot, like 95 and we were outside ALL day pushing strollers up and down hills. Kasen had fun though. That's what matters.


"Petting Kraal"

They had a Sponge Bob ride, but it cost $5! So Kasen had to settle for the picture.


Scary. We bought some nectar and went into this little caged bird area. The second I walked in, I was attacked with a bird on my head, and one on my arm drinking the nectar. I jumped a little but tried not to react too much since we were warned not to touch or pet the birds because they bite and break skin. Nice. So the birn on my head started making his way to the back of him head and like perched on my ponytail. It was awful! I will never do that again!


Notice the nectar spilled all over my hand from when I jumped when they landed on me.


I told Kasen to smile for me and he really POSED.




Too bad I took this picture myself and cut off my kids head! I actually like the picture.


Kasen, me, Elijah and Crystal on the tour.




Before we left this morning, Grandpa told kasen "say HI to the giraffes for me" so when we got to this giraffe of the tour Kasen excitedly said "Hi Giraffe, from Grandpa" it was really cute and cracked me up that he even remembered to tell the giraffe.


This was the Lion's area. They had an old abandoned car out there with about 4-5 lions laying and resting on it. It was really weird, but really amazing to see them SO close.

This was the male and female adult lions. There were about 3 mommy lions, 2 cubs, and one daddy.


Another picture I took of the two of us, I don't like this one as much, but at least both of our faces are in it.


So I am STILL curious as to what this sign means. Anyone know? My favorite part is the random girl in the background and the arrow on the sign. You observe the rest yourself. I didnt notice the rest until I got home and looked at the picture. I thought I was just taking a picture of the sign itself.

Kasen on the carousel. He chose the Eagle.

He PASSED out on the way home. Take note of his new "friend" the little Zebra in his lap who he later named "Ashley"... he came up with that one on his own.

2 comments:

Pure Images said...

I am glad we went. We had a lot of fun. It was so nice getting to know the other girls so well too! That picture of Kasen is cute in his carseat!

dancingmelissa said...

That's a great pic. I had a great time too! See you soon.