Sunday, August 3, 2008

Breaking Dawn Party

I am so excited about this book. I have been looking forward to it ever since I read the first 3 in the series at Christmas time in WA. I fell in love with the books and the characters. I decided about a week and a half before Breaking Dawn was to come out that I wanted to re-read the series so that all my memories would be fresh in my mind and so would all the characters. Glad I did that. Kasen and Jeremy weren't so happy. I think I neglected my family just a tad while trying to read 3- 600 page books in a week in a half! My poor mom took over a few times when Kasen needed things, but I don't think she minded all too much. Thanks to Jeremy and my mom and Kasen for bearing with me while my head was stuck in some very addicting books.



I got the idea from the lady who does my hair. I wasn't planning on going. I didn't think I was that big of a nerd. I was encouraged by her. Then I was willingly talked into it. I came home and talked to my mom about it, and she was all for it. We were going to the Breaking Dawn Party at Barnes and Noble at 10pm on Friday August 1st. The book would be released at midnight.




My mom brought her friend Patty and I brought my friend Michelle. We all got there at 10pm and then headed off to vote for our favorite art, who we liked better: Edward or Jacob. I voted for both, and took some pictures. We hung out and played around for a couple hours til they started announcing our numbers on our wristbands to get in line. (I had to go earlier that morning at 1030 and my number was 75. I saw wristbands that went up to 650!!! Glad I got there when I did.)




These are some of the pictures I took when people started lining up to get their books. This was only 1 aisle of the HUGE bookstore filled with people. It was crazy. But SO FUN!




There were lots of people with TEAM EDWARD or TEAM JACOB shirts on. I would never make myself choose at this point. I love them both. This is a guy in my parents ward and his son. Conflicting teams.




This is my hair lady (her husband and son are above) Laura, she was so happy she got her books! She cracks me up. She was number 20! Boo!
This is us afterwards with our books! WOO HOO!



When we picked up our wristbands in the morning they had buttons that said "I LOVE Edward" well I wasn't going to settle with that. I took one of my scrapbooking pens and wrote AND Jacob at the bottom of the button. I wore it ALL day long.

This video I took was of the giddy teenage girls counting down from 60 seconds and cheering when they got to midnight when they could get their books. I was cracking up.

2 comments:

Raadgep Fam said...

WOW okay gesh, I think its funny because Chealsea was there too! I wonder if you two saw eachother! Chealsea is already over halk way done. Super crazy.

Mrs.EBG said...

How fun!! I can't wait until Bry is done so I can start reading it! Looks like you had a blast though!!