Monday, August 25, 2008

Les Mis

You know how there are things you want to do in life before you die? Well going to see Les Mis on Broadway is one of my things to do before I die.



When we went to the Peter Pan play a couple months ago, I saw that Les Mis was going to be playing in August. I bought the tickets a few weeks ago and anxiously waited for the date to arrive. When I was in show choir in middle school we sand a lot of the songs from Les Mis and that is really my only connection to the play. I haven't seen the movie, haven't read the book. I will tell you though, that music was enough for me to become quite attached. I have the soundtrack and LOVE it. It gives me the chills to listen to it.

I invited my mom, and my two sister in laws to come with me. I was only able to get 4 tickets, the whole play was just about sold out when I got my tickets. I looked back about a week ago for one more ticket and it was sold out. EVERY single seat. That made me pretty excited!

We all went to dinner beforehand at CPK (California Pizza Kitchen) and had some tasty food together. We all ended up sharing food and then being like 5 minutes late for the play. Oops!

Well I was right with my instincts, the play was amazing! I loved the script, the music was wonderful and the actors were pretty good too. 3 out of the 4 of us really liked it. I am really happy I went. I had a rough day that day and was dreading going and now after seeing it, I can't believe I even had a doubt about going. So glad I did. I had like permanent chills from the very beginning and one song even made me cry the voices were so amazing.





Anyway, it's still a dream of mine to see Les Mis on broadway, but this will tide me over til I get to. Thanks for coming with me, Mom, Jeanine and Crystal! I had a blast being with you.

Thank you Jeremy for taking care of Kasen and letting me have a night out with the girls! I love you!


3 comments:

Makenna said...

Lucky - I should have gone while I was there for Jessie wedding!

SeeCampbell said...

Okay, you know the real reason we were late was because I just wouldn't shut up about my parenting book at dinner! I don't get out enough! Oh, and then there was no toilet paper in the bathroom at CPK, right?

SeeCampbell said...

Thank you for including me Britt, I had a great time too! It was a nice treat for me! When it comes through on Broadway we'll have to go again!