Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Happy 30th!!

Jeremy's 30th birthday was on the 13th (last Wed). He took a couple PTO days and we just hung out. It was nice to have him home.


I had his birthday planned out, what we were going to do, where we were going to eat and everything. One little comment on his part changed our WHOLE plan.


This was our conversation:


Britt: "Be happy! It's your birthday. Are you going to be happy today even though you are 30?"

Jer: "My happiness today depends on Kasen and his attitude"


Simple as that. I knew after that, what I had to do.


He went to get in the shower and I HURRIED to the computer. I started searching hotels. http://www.hotwire.com/ has some serious deals!! I found a 4 star hotel for a great steal and ran up to ask my mom to watch Kasen. She said yes, so I booked it and printed the reservation. I then ran upstairs to Jeremy and asked him if he wanted his birthday present, (in the meantime I cancelled one of his presents I was getting him), and he said yes. HE WAS DELIGHTED!


We got our stuff ready and took off!


We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach and just hung out. We went to a really tasty Italian restaurant and just hung out. We went and saw a movie and just drove around. We stayed up late watching the Olympics and slept in til 930 the next morning! How nice! It was so much fun to just be ME and JEREMY again. We love Kasen to death, but it was nice to be alone.




The first thing Jeremy did when we got to the hotel room (after sitting down the luggage) was turn on ESPN. Yipee. I couldn't complain, it was HIS birthday. I will pay him back with soaps and Americas Next Top Model or something like that on my birthday.


This was us at dinner. Not the most flattering pic of either of us, but the waiter took it and I couldn't ask him to take another one. (Funny story....our waiter was like 6'8" tall and when he walked up to the table to serve us, Jeremy looked up when he started talking and kept looking up and up, til he met his face, then Jeremy started looking down and down til his eyes met the ground, and the waited said "yep, I go all the way to the ground" LOL!!!! Jeremy was so embarassed! I started cracking up!
This was a piece of chocolate that was on Jeremy's free dessert that he got.
This was a picture of us the next day, right before we checked out of the hotel. Boo!

Happy Birthday Jer! I hope you had a fun little trip. I hope the day was special for you, even though I tried to point out as MANY times as I could to ANYONE who would listen that you had turned 30 that day. You were so embarassed and I loved every minute. I love you.

2 comments:

Alison B said...

How fun! what a great idea. sounds fun. I'm jealous. a night away with my husband??? unheard of around here. You are lucky. glad to see you blogging again. :)

Pure Images said...

Yay! How exciting! You guys look so happy too! That picture of you guys at dinner looks similar to the one last year. Or was it one of your birthday's? I dont know. Cute anyhow!!