Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Dairy Queen Cakes and high quality DONT mix

So my friend Bridget's sister got a birthday cake from Dairy Queen for her boyfriend. She pre-ordered it and told them what she wanted it to say: Happy Birthday Brady.


She went to go pick up the cake today (brady's birthday) and this is what she found?!



Ok, so I REALLY don't mean to be rude when I say this....but what kind of white trash cake is this? First off, the color is putrid! Second, they messed up the letter H, tried to wipe the green off the white and didn't succeed, then just wrote over it...nope can't tell. Third, I am not trying to be dumb, or brag or anything like that, but really? The writing? Kasen can HONESTLY write better than that. Kasen, just a reminder is 3!

I can't help but laugh! Bridget laughed too so I don't feel guilty laughing. That is hilarious. What quality work you get from Dairy Queen!

12 comments:

Kendyl said...

I seriously hope you didn't pay for that!

Mrs.EBG said...

OMG... I thought your blog was a joke. Seriously, the person who did that should be fired. Those cakes aren't cheap and then to do that... Really? Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. lol.

Anonymous said...

Every time I see that cake I can't help but LAUGH!

sarah said...

That is awesome, I need to make a mental note to go there for Ashley's birthday in July!

Chris Stewart said...

Ok, that's just the sadest store bought cake I've ever seen. The handwriting seriously looks like a little kid did it! I agree with Kendyl!

Lyndsay said...

Wow. I really thought you were going to say that a child helped write the words on the cake. Terrible!

Nichole Bruce said...

I would be so irate!! But then there's people like Brandon that say, it doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it tastes great.

Alison B said...

seriously, too funny. I would NOT be happy. You saw the pic of my DQ cake for my b-day...yummy!!! I would have complained.

Anonymous said...

I work @ dairy queen, and I know for a fact that that cake was OBVIOUSLY decorated by someone who isn't allowed to write on cakes. You have to practice on foam pieces and get your writing approved before ever touching a cake! So if i were you, I'd bring in that picture and show the manager...you'd most likely get a coupon for a free cake, or your money back.

Anonymous said...

I was looking up various cake designs (I am an asst. Manager of a DQ) when I stumbled upon your blog.

I would have suspended one of my staff if this happened at my location. I truly hope that you had gotten some kind of compensation for this atrocity.

Anonymous said...

not sure I believe it. Why would anybody accept a cake like that.I'm a cake decorater at DQ and that just wouldn't happen.

Anonymous said...

If it is that horrible, why would you pay for it? I'm a cake decorator at a Dairy Queen, and we would never sell anything that looks like that. Yes, it's bad, but if you are presented with a low quality product, you should go elsewhere. Yay capitalism.